ROESELARE (Ekstra Bladet): Patrick Nielsen lost. The Danish super-mellemvægter lost back in late april of last year the fight against the seasoned star-the boxer and the many-fold world champion Arthur Abraham on a split-decision among the judges.
A battle-the outcome of which was discussed far and wide, and even called ‘outrageous’ and a ‘debatable victory’ of the bl.a. Jesper D. Jensen, president of Danish Professional Bokseforbund. For Patrick Nielsen supplied, namely a whole-hearted and integrated efforts against the boxes-the veteran from Armenia.
The 27-year-old Danish boxer gave in to the degree that the many skeptics something to think about.
But in the first had Patrick Nielsen look bortdømt - although sensationen was within reach.
A re-match in Copenhagen came quickly. And Goblin Sauerland øjnende the chance of a spectacular second chance for Patrick Nielsen. But it is far from gone - and a re-match against Arthur Abraham now have the long-term outlook, as the experienced veteran is halfway on the boxes-pension.
- Arthur Abraham fight I will damn well shoot a white stick after ... Now I have begged and asked to get this fight now in a half a year's time, and it's just been pushed all the time. And you know what? I have damn no time to wait on more. Now I want something else! vrisser Patrick Nielsen.
the Article continues below the images
Micki Nielsen th. lets up to tonight's european championship match with older brother Patrick Nielsen tv. in the centre of Roeselare. Photo: Lars Poulsen
Promoter Pixie Sauerland (tv) and Patrick Nielsen in the middle after a fight in 2015, where all was joy and gammen. Photo: Lars Poulsen
It was perhaps my best fight ever. So it is both with joy and with sorrow that I look back - I was really ripped off! I needed the victory to come back and say: ‘NOW I'm fucking back!’ But that I was so deceived, is not something to do by now.
- It was just a boxer at home, which, in addition, has been with Sauerland for a longer time than I have. So it was mega-frustrating. And that they will not have a re-match afterwards, which they even promised me that I would get within two months ... It is so corny! And I am really, really disappointed, sugar he.
that was the gist of it, as Patrick was promised a rematch... See also: Promoter reveals: Patrick gets new storkamp
- I had a shitty match in England (knockoutet by John Ryder, ed.) And 2018 was not a good year for me - besides the fight against Abraham. It was clearly a motivation-boost, and it gave me blood on the tooth.
- the Dream is still to become world champion. A dream, I have followed right from the start. After the defeat in London, I had the need to prove to myself that I could stand against a double world champion and boxes straight up with him. So my goal is still within reach, says Patrick Nielsen, and adds:
- 2019 looks really promising already now. I've got some really big things in space, which can mean a very large step in the right direction for me. I hope that 2019 will be the start of something really great, he says.
Patrick Nielsen is with his brother Micki to fight in Belgium, and here you can read what Micki does, when he don't bother 'more of the pis' from Patrick.