It is good that there are dates of when patients ' rights are being reintroduced into the health care system.
It takes Morten Freil, director of the Danish Patients.
the Reaction comes after the government and Danish Regions on Friday evening reached agreement on a plan that reinstates patients ' rights in health care 1. January 2021.
In psychiatry reinstated the rights previously, namely 1. september.
According to Morten Freil, it makes sense to wait to the turn to re behandlingsgarantier in health care.
The large backlog of deferred or cancelled operations means that it would be unrealistic to reintroduce behandlingsgarantien, he says.
- We are afraid that we begin to put unrealistic expectations up for the patients, if you already now will have behandlingsgarantien.
- we are Implementing behandlingsgarantien, there will be some who do not get fulfilled their rights, and so it will not necessarily be those with the greatest needs should come first, says Morten Freil.
He may not, however, see why you must wait just as long with udredningsgarantien.
We are pleased to now bring up some dates. It is important to put pressure on, to patients being referred and treated on time.
- We had hoped that there would now reintroduce udredningsretten, for it is important that those who are ill, are provided, so that they can get into treatment, he says.
He stresses that the important thing from now is to get an overview of the situation in the health sector.
- You should get created an idea of how big the backlog is, and how you will settle it.
- It should publish a plan and some numbers, so patients know what they can expect in the future. Is it one year or two years before we get the backlog completed?
the Prerequisite for the plan on the re-entry of patients ' rights is, however, that coronaepidemien remains under control, says the agreement.
the Reason that it is initially possible to restore the rights in psychiatry is that much of the treatment here has been converted to telephone and video processing.