When the citizens and tourists in Paris on Tuesday morning stands up, it becomes to the sight of a Notre Dame church, where large parts of the magnificent edifice has been turned into ash.
There is a big sammenstyrtningsfare in parts of the church. All through the night has firefighters fought to keep the fire down and limit the damage further. It seems, however, that the two towers has been saved.
the Fire occurred at 18.50, where flames and thick smoke was pouring up from the more than 850 year old cathedral.
PHOTO credit: ludovic MARIN / AFP
While a large force of firemen were sent to the site, stood the city's citizens and tourists quiet and melancholy, and considered how Notre Dame was consumed by the flames.
the Cathedral is more than 850 years old.
Inside the church was preparing for easter, since both employees and visitors were evacuated.
It was long uncertain whether it would succeed the firemen to save the parts of the church.
But at 23 o'clock lit the fire chief in Paris, Jean-Claude Gallet, that they had managed to save the church's two towers as well as stenkonstruktionen from collapsing.
- We believe now that Notre dame's two towers have been rescued, he said to the reporters on the spot according to the news agency Reuters.
vice-versa, the flames quickly grab the church spires, which succumbed, quickly followed by the whole.
PHOTO: Patrick ANIDJAR/AFP
Late Monday night lit the fire chief, that there remains a risk that parts of the inside construction can fall together.
Why would firefighters through the night to continue their work with cool design down.
the City's citizens and visitors have followed the drama closely. Many have expressed sadness that a building that is so closely linked to French culture, may no longer be there.
- This is the most sad I've ever been and seen, it sounded from the 50-year-old british tourist Sam Ogden, according to AFP news agency.
In a speech in front of the church late Monday evening promised a clearly affected president Emmanuel Macron that he would rebuild the iconic cathedral.
a Short time after, the French billionaire François Pinault, he will contribute 100 million euros to the rebuilding of Notre Dame.
The church was being renovated. Great scaffolding is one edifice. Therefore, assume that the fire has arisen in connection with the work that was started.
According to the prosecutor's office in Paris investigating authorities the fire as an accident.
A spokesman for the French fire brigade reported earlier Monday evening that a firefighter is injured in connection with the fires.
Notre Dame - in English Our Lady - is one of France's biggest tourist attractions.
the Church was completed in the mid 1300-century. It took about 200 years to construct it.
Its fame grew, as the author Victor Hugo in 1831, published the novel "the Hunchback of Notre Dame".
the Fire in the iconic Notre Dame cathedral in Paris, which has destroyed large parts of the church, meet with dismay all over the world. Here is an overview of the comments that have come.
- It provides me to see one of the greatest emblems in France burned. Paris without the #OurDame is not Paris. As I said to my friend @EmmanuelMacron are my thoughts with the French people - the prime minister of Denmark, Lars Løkke Rasmussen.
Notre Dame belongs to the whole humanity. It has inspired writers, painters, philosophers, and visitors who have come from all over the world - the EU commission president Jean Claude Juncker.
Paris' Notre Dame is the whole of Europe's Notre Dame. We are all in Paris today - the european UNION-president Donald Tusk.
- We express our proximity with the French catholics, and with the parisian population. We pray for the firemen and for all those who are trying to tackle this dramatic situation, the spokesperson from the Vatican.
- So terrible to see the extensive fire in the cathedral of Notre Dame in Paris. Might be able flying water be used to extinguish the fire. Must act quickly! - USA's president, Donald Trump
- My thoughts are with the French people in the night and with the state of alert, which fights against the horrible flammehav - Theresa May, Britain's prime minister.
- Unesco stands by France in order to save and rebuild the Notre Dame - Adrey Azoula, who is secretary general of the UN's science and cultural association.
- the Heartbreaking scenes of the Notre Dame cathedral in flames. London in mourning, stands by Paris' side and in friendship for always - the mayor of London, Sadiq Khan.
" These are terrible pictures of Notre Dame in fire is painful. Notre Dame is a symbol of France and in our european culture. Our thoughts are with our French friends - Germany's chancellor Angela Merkel spokesman, Steffen Seibert.