For years fought the tv host Poul Guldborg for consumer rights in the programme 'Pure Word of god for Money'.
Now the 57-year-old man, who today is an independent communications adviser, even ended up in a tremendously consumer-friendly.
the Municipality of Aarhus has namely equipped Poul Guldborg with a parking fee, because he parked his car partially on the sidewalk.
- But you can't even see that there is a sidewalk. It's all a huge tangle of brombærkrat and nettles. Not even a soldier from the special forces will be able to penetrate through the shelter of the bushes, " says Poul Guldborg, to Ekstra Bladet.
The former tv host Poul Guldborg is so ratty over the parking fee from the city of Aarhus, he has taken up the fight. Private
Poul Guldborg is so upset about the parking fee, that he is prepared to go all the way, to get right.
- This is about fairness, and my sense of justice, says Guldborg.
the Case took its grotesque beginning of year 8. may, where Poul Guldborg would park his Ford Mondeo on the narrow Skovridervej in Aarhus. There is parking prohibited on one side of the road. Therefore, parked Guldborg in the opposite side.
the Car is parked on the sidewalk, believe the city of Aarhus. Which sidewalk, asks Poul Guldborg. Private
- in Order to show respect and give more space for the drivers out on the road, I gave in completely to the side. Later, when I came back, I had received a parking fee, because I have parked the machine on the pavement. But it is totally impossible to see that there even is a sidewalk. People can't go on the sidewalk, because the municipality has not maintained it.
- It is complete folly, that I must have a parking ticket for blocking the pedestrian, which already can not go on site, because the municipality does not suit it, says Poul Guldborg.
Poul Guldborg is highly annoyed by the Municipality of behaviour, which he refers to double standards.
the Municipality requires its citizens to maintain their sidewalk, so as to allow it to pass with a large pram or a walker. But the municipality does not fit even his own sidewalk on Skovridervej. How should I be able to see that there is a sidewalk, when it's not there, ask Poul Guldborg.
Looks like this a sidewalk? No, says Poul Guldborg. Yes, says the municipality. Private
the Municipality of Aarhus has referred to that way, and the 'pavement' is clearly separated by a series of cobblestone. But the explanation buy Guldborg not.
- The cobblestone is level with the road, so there is absolutely nothing that indicates that there is a sidewalk.
the Municipality of Aarhus has also the face of the former tv host disclosed that the municipality has been authorised for not having to maintain the sidewalk for that stretch of road.
- It is the police, who may grant such permission. I have now asked for proof that the municipality does indeed have obtained such permission. It seems strange. There is a nursery on site. For the moment, the children go out on the road, because the pavement is blocked by the communal tangle.
The former tv host stresses that the case for him is not about money.
- This is only about justice. I am prepared to go all the way through the legal system to get right. They can put the bailiff on me. In fact, they may do what they will, for I do not pay.
Poul Guldborg designates the site as a real money-maker for the municipality.
- I'm not the only one, as the park inside of the so-called sidewalk. It makes a wide range of drivers - just to show consideration for the other traffic. Now it is time that someone takes up the fight. And I do so, " says Poul Guldborg.
works manager at Engineering and Environment, Aarhus Municipality - Kim Gulvad Svendsen - say to the pin.dk, which has brought the matter forward:
- You can't just drop the rules that apply to parking, because there has been a poor maintenance of a place. It will be not because of the sudden allowed to keep there.
Driftschefen denotes Guldborgs argument as strange.
- Why would the municipality not just a sign up with the parking public in the rebate, so would the case be solved in a moment, reads the answer from a hovedrystende Poul Guldborg.