on Thursday night it sounded from The White House, the us president, Donald Trump, on Friday, will put his signature on a very controversial budget deal.
Extra Magazine will be following it live in the afternoon.
in addition, the president also declare nødretstilstand. It happens to be able to free up money to build the wall against Mexico, as he promised voters, but the Congress did not intend to finance. Wall to keep illegal immigrants out of the UNITED states.
the Senate and the House of Representatives has voted for the budget agreement.
however, There is a long way for Donald Trump to launch work to build the promised grænsemur.
Here you can get an overview of what powers the president can get by a possible nødretstilstand:
* Nødretstilstand or state of emergency is a tool that can be used during sudden situations. Examples include terrorist attacks, epidemics or natural disasters.
* the Law on nødretstilstand - The National Emergencies Act has previously been used to, for example, to impose limitations on trade with selected countries.
* In 2001, the law was activated after the terrorist attacks 11. september, in 2009 it was used by a flu epidemic, and Trump took it in 2017 in the fight against opioids.
* the Declaration of nødretstilstand gives the president special powers in an emergency to make decisions without Congress.
* According to the think tank Brennan Center for Justice, the president under the nødretstilstand be able to use powers defined in the 136 laws and regulations.
* It gives the president expanded powers to put the military on american soil. It will therefore, among other things, be possible for him to use the military to build the wall.
* in Addition, he will be able to use funds from, for example, the defence budget to fund the wall.
* Anders Agner Pedersen, executive editor-in-chief on the kongressen.com tells, that the president will use the funds that should have gone to reconstruction in Puerto Rico and California to finance the wall.
* It is not, however, work to build the wall can go in time, immediately after the president has declared a nødretstilstand.
* the Statement will most likely be challenged legally.
* In the court can Donald Trump be required to prove that there is a basis to declare nødretstilstand, and that there is an acute and sudden crisis at the border to Mexico.
Sources: Kongressen.com and editor-in-chief Anders Agner Pedersen, professor Jørn Brøndal from the Center for American Studies at the UNIVERSITY of southern denmark, Washington Post, Huffington Post and the Brennan Center for Justice.
Policy - 15. feb. 2019 - at. 07:58 Rages over the Trumps extreme maneuver: the Abuse of power, lawless, desperately