the Norwegian Meteorological institute has today sent out yellow farevarsel for the whole of Vestland and farevarsel on the orange level for Agder, Telemark, Buskerud, Oppland and Hedmark.
the Forecast shows that the wind is even strong on the evening of new year's eve than first anticipated, and the storm will hit the whole of Southern Norway.
In Trøndelag and on the whole west coast is it expected local wind gusts of up to 35 metres per second in from late Monday evening and beyond 1. new year's day.
1. new year's day is the expected strong winds in #southern norway and #Trøndelag. It is sent out several farevarsel on the gust. See updated farevarsel on https://t.co/orfrPPNHR1 pic.twitter.com/OJDiKoGCB6Meteorologists (@Meteorologists) December 31, 2018
When we speak vindstyrker that qualify for the strong storm on the west coast. By the City, in the county of Møre and Romsdal, there are already been observed to full to strong storm on Monday afternoon.
There is talk about the very powerful gust that hit the Uk on Monday evening and throughout Tuesday.
- It is a low-pressure system located to the east of Iceland and moves east and southeast. It's going to end by Finland on the day in the morning. It leads to a lot of rain, mild weather and lots of wind, " says statsmeteorolog by værvarslinga on the west coast of Norway, Lars Andreas his response, to Dagbladet.
From Hordaland and the north of Sunnmøre is the farsevarsel for heavy rainfall with between 50-70 millimeters in the course of the twelve hours in addition to the powerful gusts of wind.
In the afternoon, it is expected vindøkning. It is going to increase on to the stiff breeze along the coast around midnight tonight. Maybe might want to blow even more in the high mountains, up against the small storm. Further up in the Møre and Romsdal blowing it a lot, " says his response.Several places to cancel the fireworks - how to become rakettværet where you live impacts the entire South-Norway
He reviews lavtrykket as large.
- There is a lot of wind and it hit the whole of Southern Norway, which gets a lot of wind. The increase is already underway, " he says.
in Several places along the coast, it sent out the notice about the danger of landslides in connection with the precipitation, including in the Bergen and Trondheim. Also for the Trøndelag and Nordland, notified to the strong winds with precipitation like rain and sleet.Fireworks-caution
the Wind can create other challenges for those who want to send up fireworks.Here is the finest weather on new year's eve
- I see that there will be more risks to fire up a rocket in a stiff breeze. It is not sure it is so wise, and one must nevertheless think, " says statsmeteorologen.
the Fire department in Bergen is among those who urge people to be extra careful with the fireworks because of the wind in the evening. Wind and poor visibility can cause one to experience problems with to see where the fireworks ports.
- We encourage people to be very careful, and use common sense. People must take into account that there is a strong wind, " says Knut C. Mild, innsatsleder in the Bergen fire department, to Bergens Tidende.Secure loose objects!
The orange degree of hazard in southern california can also have consequences.From late Monday evening it looked very powerful gust of wind, 22-25 m/s, in the inner regions of Agder, Telemark and Buskerud. The wind diminishes Tuesday night.From the Tuesday Morning it looked very powerful gust of wind, 22-25 m/s, in the county of Hedmark and Oppland. It is expected high winds to the north of lake Mjøsa.
According to Yr.en are encouraged to secure all loose objects and avoid unnecessary traffic on exposed locations.
- Loose objects can blaze with the wind, trees can blow down. The wind can create problem for strømforsyninga and make it difficult to arrive on roads and rail. It can have some consequences, " says statsmeteorolog Per Egil Haga of the Yr.no.
the Storm come from the Norwegian sea and moves north of us.
- It is not extreme weather, but something one should be aware of, " says statsmeteorolog his response to the Newspaper.
in addition, There are yellow farenivå on all the mountain passes in Southern Norway, and it is feared that some of them can be closed new year's eve. Haukelifjell will probably be closed from Monday the evening and to 1. new year's day.Mildvær
The safest place to get a good view of the nyttårsrakettene Svalbard is, to a belief værmelderne.
Nyttårsværet for Svalbard provides excellent opportunities to see the rockets in Longyearbyen. Stay and partly cloudy gives a nice start in 2019, writes meteorologists on Twitter.
most places in the south are also found ourselves on the last day.
- The hottest new year's eve we have had in Norway, was when we measured 17,7 ° c in Tafjord, Sunnmøre, in 1972. The comparison is kulderekorden for new year's eve at -51,3 degrees from Karasjok, norway, in 1885, writes the Yr on Twitter.Can be unsafe driving conditions the next few days