It caused great dissatisfaction among both customers and drivers, as several taxi companies up to christmas and the new year raised the prices of both starttakst and kilometerprisen for a drive.
Now, the companies have taken to criticism and have lowered the prices again, to the great relief of the copenhagen drivers.
the Customers were angry about having to pay exorbitant sums of money for even short trips, while the drivers were frustrated that the customers did not materialize, and that the cars therefore had to keep quiet.
- The new tariffs are crap, for people to opt out of us and take the public transport instead. They are simply startled, when they see how high the prices are, said among other the 49-year-old driver Mefail Ramadani, en Ekstra Bladet met him in front of the central station 2. christmas day.
the Reason for the increases was a change of taxiloven, which entered into force on 1. January 2018, which makes it possible for taxiselskaberne to screw the prices up to 135 dollars for a starttakst and 25.5 cents a mile.
This option is used the companies as of, and the swollen thus prices in the holiday season, the 31. december and 1. January.
the Taxi 4x27 raised the prices the most, so starttaksten lay on the 135 crowns, and kilometerprisen of 25.5 crowns. Also at Taxa 4x35, it was something more expensive to drive taxi, as starttaksten was raised to 85 dollars, while the price per kilometer was also set up to 25.5.
Now both companies have taken to criticism and have chosen to put the prices down again, new year's eve and 1. January.
At Taxa 4x35, which is preferably running in Copenhagen, has chosen to completely drop the the price increases in the new year.
'At christmas, we at TAXA 4x35 run with special tariffs – compared to our major competitors, we were economically in the middle, but the prices were still too high. We have read, listened and taken the criticism on the high julepriser to us. Now drop we nytårstaksten and running on normal weekend/helligdagstakst the 31. december and 1. January. TAXA 4x35 is again the cheapest of the three largest taxiselskaber in Copenhagen and the surrounding area,' writes the company on Facebook.
--------- SPLIT ELEMENT ---------Drivers and customers agree: the Prices were too high
Taxi 4x35's decision to remove the special tariffs 31. december and 1. January aroused enthusiasm among the company's drivers, en Ekstra Bladet met them in front of the Copenhagen Airport.
Ekrem Karatas, 40 years. Photo: Jonas Olufson
- I think it is fine that they pulled it back, for the prices were too high. I just think they should have set them up with maybe 30 dollars, because we run with people who are full and on drugs. Therefore, I think we should get something extra for the risk, he says, and adds:
- There was a smear campaign against the drivers, but we are trying just to earn our pay. People were after us, even though they well knew that it was expensive. I should not really have been running the new year's day, but now I do it anyway, because I know that I don't get the bank, he laughs.
Aurengzeb Akhtar, 54 years of age. Photo: Jonas Olufson
- We are happy for it, for we lost many customers in the holiday season. Of course, people are full on new year's eve, but it is just very, I think, for I have been running for 28 years now. But I will not be running in the morning, he says.
Cilal Kysier, 31 years old. Photo: Jonas Olufson
- I think it was a good decision, for the prices were too high. I need to run new year's day, so I'm really glad that the prices have been lowered again. I don't know how it will be, but I hope there will be more customers in the store. In the holiday season, it was very, very quiet. Usually can make about 30 trips on a christmas eve, but this year I drove only six. It was absolutely crazy, he says.