HERNING, denmark (Ekstra Bladet): After just four hours of sleep on top of the great victory on Thursday night over Hungary was the national coach Nikolaj Jacobsen try to take stock of the damage and a possible birth.
As you know, was the team's big star, Mikkel Hansen, and not against the hungarians. He had left the camp the day before the torsdagskampen, because his girlfriend is close to giving birth to the couple's first child.
- I can't say so much about the birth, but as you can see, Mikkel't arrived yet. But I very much hope that he can be with in our last test on Sunday against Hungary. We would like to have run him into the team before the WORLD cup.
- About His Lindberg's injury, I can say that he has reached the age where I need to give it a day or two extra. It is also entirely fair. He has earned the right after many years of faithful service. Lindberg is not a problem in relation to the WORLD cup. But the aged makes, that we fit a little extra on him.
Before the match against Hungary on Thursday had Nikolaj Jacobsen extra-called Johan Hansen from the BSV as the successor of Hans Lindberg.
- Have you considered that summon additional players to the camp on the basis of the damage that has hit Henrik Toft and Niklas Landin?
- No, not as it is right now. Landin we take a closer look at the workout in the evening.
- How long will you keep Johan Hansen in the squad?
At least until Sunday, where we take an update on Lindberg.
- What have you done you of considerations about Henrik Toft?
Right now, fighting our physical staff hard to make him ready. If all goes really well, he can maybe be in the game for the last puljekamp against Norway, says Nikolaj Jacobsen.
the Match against Norway played 17. January, so it would imply that Henrik Toft is out in two weeks. A noticeable decline would most think.
But Denmark has a good width, says the national coach, and he believes that victory at 33-19 over Hungary proved.
- We had a fight, how many things managed, while Hungary had a fight, almost as much worked.
- It will probably be another battle when we meet them again Sunday, but there are things we still would like to try. We have trained to play with three højrehænder in bagkæden, and it may be, we must test it in the battle. We are trying several different setups, so we can be more flexible, says the national coach.