a Few weeks after the Failure of the second summit between North Korea and the U.S. Pyongyang has deducted according to data from Seoul its employees from a joint liaison office with South Korea. Pyongyang had informed "the South, that they pull out of the office," said the South Korean unification Minister Chun Hae-Sung on Friday in front of journalists.
The decision had been made "in accordance with an instruction from a higher authority," said Chun. "You said it was you no matter whether or not we stay in the office or not." South Korea deplore the decision of the North and will continue their work in the liaison office.
The reasons for the withdrawal were initially unclear. The office served as an important communication channel. Both sides were come to the key question of nuclear disarmament of North Korea closer. The US had also imposed on Thursday for the first time after the summit for sanctions against two Chinese shipping companies, the North Korea should have helped Circumvent the international sanctions.
office should strengthen the diplomatic compound
In the course of their approaching North and South Korea, the joint office was opened in the North Korean Kaesong in September. According to the South Korean unification Ministry should improve the cross-border exchange.
North and South Korea had approaches in the past year; the South Korean President, Moon Jae-In also had large influence in the conversation process between its ally United States and the nuclear-armed and with heavy sanctions, North Korea is occupied in. At the summit, US President, Donald Trump, and North Korea's commander-in-chief, Kim Jong-un in February, but was again not reached an agreement on steps towards nuclear disarmament of North Korea.
Video: "North Korea renounces nuclear weapons tests" Need to explain: The Meeting between Donald Trump and Kim Jong-un was terminated prematurely.
Created: 22.03.2019, 09:53 PM