The much debated håndtrykslov become completely current on Thursday, when nine foreigners to become Danish citizens at a ceremony in Copenhagen.
It is intended that ceremonies of this kind must take place in the municipality you live in, but at the first it will be the foreigners and the integration minister Inger Støjberg (V), which allows the handshake to the new danes.
the Law of the handshake was adopted last year and has been very controversial - even among members of the Left.
Several mayors have publicly expressed their criticism of the law and rejected that would force someone to give hand.
For the ceremony the next danes to declare that they will comply with Danish legislation - including the constitution - and respect Danish values.
Subsequent get citizenship by giving hand.
In the comments to the law it is cut entirely out of cardboard what is meant by a handshake. It takes place hand to hand - without gloves - and face-to-face.
Inger Støjberg thinks that hand pressure is important to highlight that the Danish citizens to respect Danish values.
- It is quite a common polite greeting in Denmark. It is the way we greet.
- If we do not give hand, it is so simple, that you do not get Danish citizenship.
- We see some people in Denmark, who will not give hand - for instance, men who will not give hand to women.
- So if you won't give a hand then it's because you haven't taken the entire foundation about gender equality, " said Inger Støjberg.
the Ceremony will be held in Eigtveds Pakhus in Copenhagen.
Inger Støjberg has not brought the cake to the ceremony, but there will be canapés and a small glass of wine to the guests.
- I expect this to be a fine commemoration of the people who now get Danish citizenship, she says.
--------- SPLIT ELEMENT ---------