Ambition and self-confidence failed nothing, since the Extra Magazine in February did a phone interview with Günther Steiner.
Despite the pauvre 2019-season hoped Haas-team head to be able to return to the top of the midterfeltet.
In each case, until the opposite was proven.
But it was to sæsonpremieren, why there is a need for an adjustment.
A realistic goal for 2020 is number eight in the constructor-the WORLD cup, says Günther Steiner for the Extra Magazine:
- of Course, we will work hard, and some maps will be different and better for us than Austria without the long longitudinal side and many DRS zones, but right now is seven or eight is the best we can aim for.
- What says Gene Haas to it?
- He will surely be happiest for seventh place. In the end it was positive from last Sunday that Kevin did well in the race. He was able to run races against the cars around him, which is an improvement from last year. But it seems that we get it a little harder during the qualification year, he says.
the Team's first four years in Formula 1 has bid on two ottendepladser, the upscale fifth place in 2018, before the disappointing ninth place in last year.
Kevin Magnussen also expect progress without being able to beat teams like Racing Points, McLaren and Renault.
- We would like to up and be faster than the Alpha Tauri. It is our next goal. I think we have a grip on Williams and roughly the track of the Alfa Romeo. Not much track, but I think we are ahead. The next is probably Alpha Tauri, says the dane to Ekstra Bladet.
- It would be nice with seven. ...
in Addition to more prize money to the team owner and the budget triggers it is also a bonus for the drivers, engineers and mechanics.
See also: Kevin is an optimist: Hidden progress
See also: Confirm F1-shock
See also: - Excellent for Formula 1
Therefore, it was also an extra bet with the technical problems in the premiere. With the many discontinued cars would Kevin Magnussen having finished eight, if he had kept his position, as the brakes boiled over.
In a season such as this, the aim is to collect as many points as possible, when unexpected opportunities.
Haas has a fix ready, which cools the brakes any more, but that in turn costs the aerodynamic performance. And there computersimuleres (CFD) to the last to find a modification that cools tiltrækkeligt without cost on the estimated.
Sports and Games Debriefing from Austria: Ferrari-deal backfires
Sports and Games Kevin's own cars: The first, largest and coolest