With more and more budget airlines in the market, it in much higher degree been possible to travel cheaply by airplane, but at the same time, one should be extra careful, when many danes in the next months, packages, suitcases and travel south on summer vacation.
According to the british media The Sun, criminals have found a new way to maintain their work on the by to order cheap airline tickets, and then targeted to go after grabbing traveler's belongings when they need to put their values and hand luggage up on the belt at security.
It tells of an unnamed lufthavnsmedarbejder, who has worked in security, one of London's main airports for more than a decade.
According to him are belongings from the tray at security, stolen on a daily basis, while ignorant travellers focus on to go through the metal detector without it beeping.
The lufthavnsansatte tells to The Sun, he has seen thieves steal everything from notebook computers to a widow's bag, which contained the ashes of her deceased husband.
- For the most part it is middle-aged men, working together in groups, which stand behind, he says to the british media and continues:
- They go on the prowl for passengers in the early morning, when people are tired or in rush hour, when people are stressed, and they target families who are distracted by their children.
According to the lufthavnsansatte become the criminals ' actions are often not notified, because many travelers are so busy to reach their aircraft, that they give up. According to him it is a big problem that the staff have been too busy, and that the travellers ' belongings, therefore, often comes out of the scanner, before they even is reached through the metal detector:
eight years ago, was travellers checked by a single employee, but the employee check four passengers at one time. This means that the tray is often faster than the person, and the passenger, therefore, get caught, and that no one is to keep an eye on the thieves.
The british media The Guardian has previously described a student by the name of Fernanda Ardiles, who last month lost his laptop containing important documents from her thesis, since she was going through safety checked in London City Airport.
She was just caught in a slow security check, which meant, to her bag, reached out of the scanner, before she even came through.
Fernanda Ardiles told subsequent the theft to staff, who told her that she would be contacted when they had seen the video surveillance, and, therefore, had the infuriating students return to study in the Netherlands without its computer with its task.
After three days of emails I finally got hold of the head of the terminal, who said that there was nothing he could do, other than to disclose the matter for further investigation, she told in the days after the theft.
Even if you - according to the uk employee - must be extra careful with your stuff, when you must through security checks abroad, you may well take it easy, when you travel away on holiday.
In any case, if you are flying from Copenhagen Airport, where it is more than a year ago, that there was a theft from one of the airport's security checks:
- It is not a big problem with us, says the airport's press officer, Kasper Hyllested, Extra Magazine, and continues:
- Overall, it would probably also be one of the absolute dumbest places you could start on the kind of activities, since the area is intensively monitored by video surveillance, and it is trained security personnel are everywhere and ensure that everything is done as it should.
- What to do if your belongings come out of the scanner, before you even made it through checked?
- It ensures we know that there are staff and keep an eye on it all. They keep an eye on the things that get through, only be touched by those who own it, says Kasper Hyllested and continues:
- Should there be some, who yet was langfingrede, people would very quickly discover it when they gather their stuff together - it is certainly our experience -and then they would take hold of us with the same, and so we have, as I said, intense cctv of the entire security control, so we would find them quickly and get the police to retrieve them.
- What to practically do if you have stolen something in the security?
- the Hive fat in an employee, which then will immediately contact our operations center, who will find out what has happened. But it is, as I said, thankfully, not a particularly big problem with us, " says Kasper Hyllested and points out that, unfortunately, in higher degree thievery in the departure/check-in fields:
- Since we can not even get into security without having to scan a valid flight ticket (boarding pass), so it's not a big problem at security, but there are unfortunately thefts in the departure/check-in areas, so therefore you have to be extra aware, when you f.ex. standing in the queue for the check-in counter or the vending machines.
over the summer we run, therefore, also with the extra patrols in the big rejsemåneder, just as the police are extra vigilant, quit it.