Sten Grytebust came to the OB in the winter of 2016, and the Norwegian has been an excellent keeper for the inhabitants of funen in the now three years - only a week ago he won the Tipsbladets prestigious award, The Golden Cage for the second year in a row - an award given to the unique in scandinavia because the best goalkeeper.
OB is to enjoy the 29-year-old Grytebust, as long as you have him. For summer it is indeed over.
30. June has Stone Grytebust his contract in the Valley, and the inhabitants of funen has abandoned the hope to extend the agreement.
- It is now a year ago, we took the attempts to extend the contract with Stone, and we have had a good dialogue with both the Stone and his agent, who has stated very clearly out along the way. I don't see it as a possibility, that we extend with him, " says Jesper Hansen, who is sports director of OB for advice.dk.
Thus, Stones have Grytebust and a half years back in the OB goal, but it can of course also connect the already in this month, if the inhabitants of funen choose to sell the goalkeeper. It comes, however, unlikely to happen.
- We would like to in the top six, and there is also some economy in it for OB, if we do it. It should hold up against that Stone only has six months left on his contract, and so it's probably still limited in what we can earn on him. Therefore, we are perhaps best served to keep the Stones the rest of the season and have a very good goalkeeper, Jesper Hansen.
OB-the boss does not hide that the Sten Grytebust has made a big difference in his time in the OB.
- He has won The Golden Cage two years in a row, and it tells everything about how good a goalkeeper he is. We have been really happy for him, and we are pleased that we as a club also have helped to move him. I also know that the Stone has been happy to be in the OB, so all in all it is a really positive story, says the sportsdirektøren.
He is not concerned for the future of målmandsposten, where either the Mandé Sayouba or Oliver Christensen will be taking over the coming season.
- We entered into a long agreement with the municipality of athens in the summer, after we had followed him for a longer period of time, and it is certainly a capable goalkeeper. We also saw against Bolton, that young Oliver Christensen can commit themselves, so we're gonna clear us, I am sure, says Jesper Hansen.
OB is on the seventh place in the premier League.
Sports and Games Major changes on the way in Brøndby: Cleansing ahead
Sports and Games Hot transfervinter waiting for: How to shop AGF