"Mustchefen: Russian threat more than Iskanderrobotar"
"Russia continues to arm and China's interest in Sweden's neighbourhood increases."
"It says the military intelligence and security service (Must), in its annual report."
"Must expect that the neighborhood coming years continue to be marked by contradictions between Russia and the USAu002FNato and see a"
"Mustchefen Gunnar Karlson said that Russia in the past year continued to modernize its arsenal and strengthen its military capabilities."
"HH: Russia Has reinforced its military presence in the Baltic sea region?"
"– They have not become more, but they have become better. So would you possibly be able to say, answers Gunnar Karlson."
"He points out that Russia's rearmament is a continuous, slow process where older aircraft and ships subsequently replaced with more modern and more complex exercises are carried out with vulnerable due to changes."
"During the past year placed Russia out the new Iskanderoboten in Kaliningrad, which has the scope to reach Sweden."
"I think that it has become a bit doesn't make sense american fixation on just one thing, namely Iskanderrobotar in Kaliningrad," says Gunnar Karlson."
"He points out that there are also other robotic systems in Kaliningrad, to Iskanderrobotar available in many other places as well, and that they can be moved around."
"– That's something we continuously follow. Russia is going to, among other things, on the långräckviddiga weapons and the modernization and development of Iskandersystemet is an example of it."
"Increasing chinese presence"
"on The first of march last year, the Russian president, Vladimir Putin paid attention to the speech, where he spoke about future weapons, such as a kärnkraftsdriven överljudsrobot."
"Gunnar Karlson said that from the Russian side would like to have the attention surrounding such moves, but added:"
"– It is in many cases the initiative, which is a bit up in the time before they will actually materialize."
"Another great power, China, may in the future increase its activity in Sweden's neighbourhood. As a result of climate change, staking China on the new transport connections in the arctic seas, something called the Polar the Silk Road."
"– It shortens the distances far from the Prc to the market in the united states and Northern europe."
"In the extension it would be able to be associated with security risks, if China decides to set up military bases in the area."
"– We see in many places in the world, a chinese desire to obtain bases in Somalia, and Sri Lanka to take some famous examples, " says Gunnar Karlson."
" the Thoughts about China would like to have military bases in our part of the world I think will become relevant sooner or later, even if they are not current today."
"An example of China want to be able to make use of military power around the globe is that it is in the process of building the aircraft carrier."
"– It is somehow the ultimate symbol of the desire to move the military power where you want."
"In the annual report, noted that foreign intelligence activities against Sweden has increased. Which also includes China."
"It may be to acquire knowledge of the Swedish defence technical development, operational capabilities, or the planning of the defense."
"The first of april comes a new law in force which tightens the requirements on authorities and companies to protect sensitive information."
"Gunnar Karlson is concerned that the myndighetscheferna should not invest sufficient resources."
"– Including authorities within the defence sector need to work more on their security protection, " he says."
"One reason is, according to Karlson, to security threats from a foreign power for many years has not been particularly noticed."
"– not Everyone has really come out of it it usually call for the strategic timeout."
"Gunnar Karlson wish that the government sets clearer requirements that authorities report what they are doing to strengthen the security protection."
"the Military intelligence and security service (Must) is a department of the armed forces headquarters."
"Must have the primary responsibility to clarify the security threats against the armed Forces. It can trade on the foreign intelligence (espionage and signals intelligence), crime, terrorism, sabotage and subversion."
"the Department also conducts försvarsunderrättelsearbete to support Swedish foreign, security and defence policy. It has also säkerhetsskyddsansvar for totalförsvarsmyndigheterna."
"Must is the security agencies who have the care of the Swedish intelligence activities abroad."
"Approximately 30 percent of the staff consists of the officers, and the remaining 70 per cent of the civilian personnel."
"the Director of Must is major general Gunnar Karlson."