- They want that I pay almost 51.000 dkk back.
- For a scrap car, which stops in Copenhagen with the death of the engine and which indeed not even registered.
- And which has more than 350,000 miles on the trip meter.
this is the sound of the first sentences in an angry email from Mick, who think that the Gribskov Municipality is completely wrong when they assess his fortune.
According to Mick consists he the 'fortune' of a 'death' Honda Accord 1.8 ls sedan from 1999, but according to the municipality he owns two cars for a combined value of more than 60,000 dollars. And the municipality has therefore decided that he must pay more than 50,000 back.
I bought Hondaen of a buddy for 5000 kr with re-registration, and managed to have it in about 2-3 weeks, then started the engine to use much oil and smoking a lot.
When I bought it it had smashed the left side mirror and any other small errors, continues Mick, who would like to focus on the fact that the municipality did not bother looking at his car, but only investigate the matter on the internet, and that the municipality also takes a long time to respond to his complaint.
the nation! has asked the Competition answer the question of why they are not taking a look at Micks car(s) before they send a violent account of a young man who is living of social assistance. The director will be in the municipality like to tell.
- I start my answer by saying that we as a municipality 'CANNOT' speak on individual cases.
- But we can say something general about the situations in which our staff need to assess whether citizens have the right to uddannelseshjælp.
- First and foremost, it is the municipality's task to comply with the statutory rules and principles. When it comes uddannelseshjælp, is there some framework.
- the Precondition to get uddannelseshjælp is, among other things, that as a single person does not have a fortune of over 10,000 dollars. It can be, for example, if one owns a car.
- If Ydelsescenteret find out that a citizen has a fortune, then the citizen is asked to prove it. Ydelsescenteret will out from the documentation to assess whether the citizen is entitled to continue uddannelseshjælp.
- If the citizen does not send the documentation within the deadline, then Ydelsescenteret according to the law setting a value on the cars out from the information that is available. It can be, for example, via databases on the web.
- Ydelsescenteret does not have the resources to run out and inspect things, as for example a car. Ydelsescenteret has not in a position to assess whether a specific model and year differs from the corresponding cars.
- Here In Gribskov Municipality is our job as authority first and foremost to follow the law. If it turns out that the law in a given area does not work as intended, so it is up to the legislators in the Parliament to look at it.
- And so has the citizen the opportunity to appeal to the Ankestyrelsen, if he or she feels unfairly treated, sounds similar from Mikkel Damgaard, director at Gribskov Municipality. What do you think?