Caesarean section should not be selected as the 'easy solution'. It is the message, which has been a mother of three, Mel Bremner from Macduff in Scotland, to tell about a violent experience she had after the birth of his first child.
Five days after giving birth by emergency caesarean section, she says, she was at home and started to take a shower. But as she was stooping down to pick the shampoo bottle, went the scar from in the belly of a sudden.
Five days after the birth of his oldest daughter jumped kejsersnittet according to Mel Bremner up. You can see the picture, she has shared the volsdomme episode, click on in the gallery at the bottom of the article. Photo: Ritzau Scanpix
When I got up, I saw my insides fall out of my stomach. I called my partner, who was still lying in bed, he got me out of the bath and sat me down and got my feet up. He has been in the military, so he is used to this kind of, tells Mel Bremner to the mother-since ChannelMum.
Mel Bremner has chosen to share a violent image, which according to her shows how her guts had 'jumped out' of the open cesarean section-scar, with the uk mother-site. Subsequently, several british media also told the story. Among the other Mirror and The Scottish Sun.
I felt no pain, it was all very bizarre! Ambulanceredderne came and stuffed me with a lot of morphine and took me to be flown to the nearest hospital, which was 45 kilometers away, says Mel Bremner, who at the same time admits that she has a high pain threshold.
the Doctors sewed the new mother's caesarean section together again, subsequently, she was hospitalized for three days at Dr Grays Hospital in Elgin in Scotland.
the Doctor, who had conducted kejsersnittet, told her supposedly ex post, that it probably had happened, because the knot had not been tied tightly enough, or because the thread had been cut too short.
Mel Bremner tells to MumChannel, that she had carried out the emergency caesarean section 9. december 2011. She was passed over time and extended themselves not, though the doctors had tried to put the birth in time. The actual procedure went fine, and she and the partner, Aidan Johnston, was very quickly at home again with their firstborn daughter, Nadie.
- When I look at the picture, I remember how I sat there with my belly and my guts in my hands, says Mel Bremner to The Scottish Sun.
It lay and writhed and moved. It was terrible, she says further.
She hopes now, that the story and the very graphical image can help women to think about before they choose a caesarean section as an ’easy solution’. In addition, she would like to have others to take the doctors ' advice to remain calm after such an intervention, seriously.
- I think that after you have given birth, it becomes, in a way, you are expected to just come up for grabs and will come in time. People always say, you must remain calm, but the man just says, ’it is fine’.
the Extra Leaf has shown the dramatic image, as you can see by clicking on in the gallery at the bottom of the article, Heidi Sharif, who is the clinical supervisor at the Obstetric Clinic.
She explains that it is Flour Bremners muskelscene for the abdominal muscles - the that holds the intestines inside that is broken.
- If that was gone two years, so was the skin the healed. If muskelscenen so yesterday, so get to it, which is called a hernia. So the woman on the picture has got a big hernia. And because it is such a short time ago, she has been made kejsersnittet, so the skin is also gone. says Heidi Sharif, Extra Magazine, and continues.
- It is something we sometimes see with cancer patients, but I have never before seen this with a cesarean section-patient. There may be some individual, where it has sevet slightly from the wound, so you might think that it is the infection. And when you have opened, there has been a tiny hole. But I have not seen it as such with the intestines out as it on the picture. So she has been very unlucky.
Heidi Sharif, notice that the doctor according to the Flour Bremner said himself, that it was something with his technique.
- perhaps There is some, that makes it such that they put a lot of knots. We do not, we make one long thread with a knot at each end.
Mel Bremner and Aidan Johnson have since had two daughters more – Allie is four years, and Robyn, who is three years old. In spite of the traumatic experience with the birth of Nadie, who today is seven years, they were both born by caesarean section.
- If Aidan was gone in a panic, I was enough also. But he was absolutely fantastic and calm, she says to The Scottish Sun.
Several media outlets have tried to get a comment from Dr. Grays Hospital, where kejsersnittet according to Mel Bremner was made seven years ago. But a spokesperson from the hospital has refused to comment on the matter.