For the first time ever, the annual distribution of the prestigious nordic michelin-starred place outside of a capital city.
Aarhus is in battle with the other nordic cities secured the hosting of a major event in both the concert hall and at the town hall, as the city bet on the to surpass all previous prisfester.
- It is huge for the city of Aarhus, because we are so connected with one of the strongest turistbrands in the world, says Peer H. Kristensen, director of VisitAarhus.
- In the same way we have targeted is utilized to Aarhus for some years ago as the first outside Copenhagen, got michelin stars and gave, that there are top restaurants outside of Copenhagen, he says.
He believes that the michelinstjernerne has influenced the gastronomy far beyond Copenhagen and Aarhus, as also restaurants in Vejle, Henne, Hørve, Shanghai and the island of Bornholm ago has come up with on the starry sky.
According to the VisitDenmark point 43 percent of the foreign tourists at good restaurants as a reason to choose Denmark as the destination.
Aarhus has, according to the Peer H. Kristensen spent about 800,000 dollars to ensure his candidacy for Michelin in competition with others who bid on the task.
Anna Lund is the director of the non-profit organisation Food in Aarhus for the largest Food Festival.
- Inspiration from stjernekokkene trickles down and affects both food producers, and what they themselves buy into, she says.
- top chefs have also made old techniques like fermentation, sourdough and syltning modern.
She points out that gastronomy was not a workable English language in the 1970s, but was lifted up by the good chefs.
- We imported skilled French chefs, who came and inspired others and demand good quality food as Unique cheeses from Arla, which was developed solely for the top restaurants. But now they can be purchased by ordinary consumers, she says.
in Parallel with michelinfesten in the concert hall is on Monday, a major event on the Aarhus city Hall.
It includes, among others, an All Stars team of the chefs, which have helped to transform the Danish gastronomy in just a few decades.
the FACTS: So strong Danish gastronomy in the day
Monday night will be awarded in Aarhus michelin stars to the best restaurants from all over Scandinavia.
It is the culmination of a development, in which Denmark was a very long time to get up in the gastronomic gear. Then had the honor long reserved for the capital. Now sparkles is also the province with.
* The French dining guide Michelin has been in existence since the year 1900. But the first Danish contribution came first in the 1980s.
* the Wizard originated in France from a dækfirma as a recommendation of good restaurants on the way. It lists thousands of restaurants, of which the best are awarded one, two or three stars.
* The first Danish michelin-starred came in 1983 to the King His Basement and La Cocotte in Copenhagen.
* First it went slowly. But in the 1990s came the speed, and the Commander was the first two-star restaurant at home.
* With increasing awareness about the Danish and nordic gastronomy selected Michelin in 2015 to publish a special edition of the wizard with a focus on the nordic major cities.
* Here appeared Aarhus for the first time so up with the three star restaurants in gourmethimlen.
* the Year after, there were yet more stars out of the country for Henne, Præstø, Denmark. At the same time was Geranium in Copenhagen the first three-star michelinrestaurant.
* In 2018-series had Denmark - including the Faroe islands - 26 star restaurants with 31 stars for sharing.
* Here came also towns such as Vejle and Copenhagen for the first time on the prestigious list.
Sources: Michelin and the news agency Ritzau.