Denmark has by means of a joint effort won the first half in the fight against the coronavirus, which in recent months has more or less put the country down.
It says the prime minister Mette Frederiksen (S), on Monday in his speech during the Parliamentary afslutningsdebat.
Here dare the prime minister to use a sportsmetafor in its description of the recent hectic months in the Danish policy, where the decommissioning of the society and stimulus packages to companies have filled very much.
- We have, by the common force in Denmark won the first half in the fight against corona. What we have accomplished together – across the uk – will go down in history.
- We can be thankful. We can be proud. Denmark, it is well done.
- But we are not through yet. There is also a second half. Yes, maybe even more. The infection is still here, says the prime minister.
STM: ”It is rare that we here from the pulpit directly calls the danes to spend more money. I would like to do in the day. If you can afford an extra night at a restaurant, for an extra trip out in the rest, then do it. We must have time in the wheels” #dkpol— prime minister's office (@Statsmin) June 22, 2020
Hear the prime minister's call for the danes here. Video: the Danish Parliament via Ritzau Scanpix
Mette Frederiksen roses the danes, both employers and workers, to have been very adaptable during the crisis.
- he who pick up our garbage, her, which makes a clean. The bus driver, the lorry driver. Him or her, sitting in the checkout in the supermarket. And thousands of other Danish employees. Too often we have taken you for granted.
- Now, was at work when the others were sent home. We can't do without you. I wonder if it has obtained a new respect?
- And teachers, educators and educational assistants, and many others. In have organized nødpasning, nødundervisning and reopening. In got the opportunity to think things over. Quickly. Without the usual red tape, she says.
the Prime minister also your thumb up to the political parties, which during the process have entered into agreements in the total bunch.
- In just one week in march, we agreed on two major economic stimulus packages. And entered into an historic tripartite agreement with the social partners on wage compensation. A united parliament stood behind the agreements.
- All that we have accomplished together. We have held your hand during thousands of businesses and close to a quarter of a million employees.
- the tripartite agreement shows the strength of our social contract. The public sector and the private sector working closely together. It is absolutely unique, says Mette Frederiksen.