the COURT IN LYNGBY, denmark (Ekstra Bladet):
It was a quite relieved mortician, Michael Holgersen, as Ekstra Bladet met, when he had given his explanation to the court against Marie Madeleine Steen. The Norwegian woman, which is known under the name of 'the Woman with the heavy suitcase' for a podcast of the same name, is accused of 22 facts of fraud and two cases of theft.
- I almost could not sleep in the night, so nervous I have been. So it is so nice that it is over now, he told Extra Bladet, when he came out from the courtroom.
With him he had his wife, who was taken with him to the Court in Lyngby to support him.
- I'm proud of you, she said.
Lied himself to death
Michael Holgersen is the funeral director in Perth, and had in July 2018 visit of the now the defendants. Here she called herself 'Mia Maria Steen'.
she told me that She was mortally ill of cancer. Michael Holgersen helped her to plan her funeral but after a short time, explained, 'Billion', that her son now had died.
once again helped the undertaker to plan a funeral, this time the son, whose bodies had to be transported from Norway to Denmark.
112 - 19. dec. 2018 - at. 12:07 the Woman with the heavy suitcase: Knocked on a cold night and got the tomato soup
- I trusted in her. I think it was terrible, but this kind of thing can happen, says Michael in court.
'Mia told him that she had forgotten her purse and had no place to stay the night. The helpful undertaker, loaning her the 1200 dollars, which he had in his purse, and booked an overnight stay at the local inn for her.
He never saw neither the money or Mia again. In return he received shortly after an email from the 'Mia's' account. 'Mother and aunt is dead' stood there. The email was signed Mia's family.
112 - 17. dec. 2018 - at. 11:52 Bedrageritiltalt woman's sacrifice: She lied in death
the Article continues under the picture ...
Ekstra Bladet has spoken with Michael Holgersen in his funeral parlor in Herlev, denmark on the meeting with Marie Madeleine Steen. Photo: Henning Hjort
- I've never been so nervous before today. Now I'm well enough stopped smoking, but if I were not, I had probably smoked 100 cigarettes a day, says Michael Holgersen after retssmødet.
in Particular, he was nervous, having to sit face to face with the Marie Madeleine Steen.
And the undertaker was not in doubt. The defendants, who sat in court today, was the same woman as he had to visit his funeral parlor earlier in the year.
- I could recognize her. She was sitting right there. I would so like to have had eye contact with her, but I could not. It was simply impossible. She looked not at all at me a single time, he tells.
112 - 17. dec. 2018 - at. 06:57 Now, start the case: the Mortician met 'the Woman with the heavy suitcase'
Michael Holgersen was not the only witness, that acquires as a mortician.
Also a female mortician was called as a witness today. She had also had the visit of Marie Madeleine Steen shortly after that she was with Michael Holgersen.
- There comes an elderly woman into the store, telling you that she has just been with a funeral director in Perth, who have treated her badly, told the female mortician in court.
Also here she called herself 'Mia Maria Steen', and the story with the dead son in Norway also went again.
- I listen to her, and we talk for several hours. She says that the undertaker has broken its obligation of secrecy, and it is not so good, she told in court.
- Since she has no place to sleep the night over, I order a room for her at the Gentofte Hotel and pay. I can put it on the final bill for her son's funeral, says I, but I see her never again, explaining the female mortician across the court.
The Norwegian-born Marie Madeleine Steen is convicted numerous times of fraud in Norway and Sweden since 1992. The case, now she is indicted, holds 22 cases of fraud as well as two thefts committed in denmark in the period 2014 to 2018.
the Woman, who has been in custody in denmark since the summer, don't even want to testify during the trial. Instead, have her defend informed that the woman recognises himself guilty in 10 of the 24 conditions. The rest of the situation denies she.
the Trial continues the rest of the day, and there is expected to be judgment in the morning.