Eddie McGuire goes around with red ears for the time being.
The 54-year-old australian had on Friday set up well to the right, in its kommentatorboks, where he could comment on the showdown between the Sydney Swans and the Adelaide Crows in the australian football league (AFL).
Prior to Cynthia Banham dog stand to beat the mandatory coin flip in his role as ambassador for the Sydney Swans. In this connection it is worth noting that the journalist Cynthia Banham survived a plane crash in Indonesia in 2007 and subsequently got amputated both legs. Therefore, she supported herself with a cane, but it was obviously not enough to get Eddie McGuire to think about a extra time.
- I think would have to impose a fine of 5,000 dollars to anyone who throws the coin and can't do it properly, joked McGuire, while medkommentatorerne could not forbear to laugh.
And it was apparently McGuire up in gear.
- Each week we have one that loses it on his foot. Come on, throw it properly for God's sake. Practice in the week leading up to, you know what you need. So hard it can't be, can it, folks?
The inappropriate comment created, of course, the furor. Among other things, with the Sydney Swans, who quickly issued a statement, where they took the strongly distance from the Eddie McGuires mockery.
- the Comments shows not just a lack of empathy, but also ignorance. The Sydney Swans are extremely disappointed with the inappropriate comments from Eddie McGuire last night, it sounded according to the BBC.
Eddie McGuire has subsequently withdrawn from a kommentatoropgave Saturday and regret, as also the episode with an explanation that he was not aware of what exactly was going on.
- I should never have spoken without to see properly on the tv pictures.
- I give my unreserved apology to Cynthia, her family and Sydney Football Club for the pain and sorrow, my comments have caused, sounded, in spite of everything from Eddie McGuire.
Sports and Games brand new song from the Wozniacki - Treo: Maria
Sports and Games Significantly change in the law: Here are all the new fodboldregler