the President of the Danish Mixed Martial Arts Federation, Claus Larsen, normally recommend that you fight a part amatørkampe, before one engages in klørene in a professional MMA fight.
And Claus Larsen considers the high-level Mark O. Madsen as a professional.
I hope then, to Patrick Nielsen intend to have trained some MMA before the fight. If he just goes into the cage from the street, only with boxing in mind, so I am thinking that it will be a tough fight for him, he says.
on Top of the news that Patrick Nielsen and Mark O. Madsen will probably have to meet up for a MMA fight in June, tells the president to Ekstra Bladet, that he forecasts that they will provide an increased attention to the sport, which can draw more curious.
In the same way as it came to pass, when Conor McGregor and Floyd Mayweather crossed blades, and it is the starting point perfectly fine.
But the hypen on the fight mainly due to the fact that there are two well-known names in the Danish martial arts world. And the president makes a point out of emphasising that the only 'right' way to the top in the sport is through good old-fashioned hard work.
Mark is in my eyes a real MMA fight now, " says Claus Larsen. Photo: Jan Sommer
- A guy like Mark O. Madsen has struggled very hard to reach where he is today. Who is Patrick maybe a little lucky compared to such a struggle, that he is a celebrity. But it then becomes exciting.
- Mark is in my eyes a real MMA fight now. And Patrick has not been on the road, so he takes a chance
- But Patrick is a professional athlete, so we expect that he will go into training hard and bring the effort into, that can make him ready, says Claus Larsen.
He fears, however, that Patrick's lack of MMA experience will come to pose a risk to safety in relation to the fight.
- Many people see us as a dangerous sport, but it is packed really well into MMA. A working group under the ministry of justice did a study that showed that MMA is 35 percent less dangerous than boxing, because there are not so many direct blows to the head, among other things, tells the president.
Claus Larsen also stresses that it is far from will be the first time that an outsider tampering with the sport.
- We have seen plenty of examples around the world that people on the outside jumps into the cage and try to fight. And we must go out from that, there is a staff behind Patrick, who thinks that he is capable of it, he says.
MMA - 26. mar. 2019 - at. 19:52 Medium: McGregor investigated for sex crime