- It brings new drama to the proceedings.
How to say Extra the Magazine's political commentator Henrik Qvortrup, after it on Wednesday revealed that former prime minister Lars Løkke Rasmussen (V) has been summoned as a witness in Støjberg case, and that the case thus has reached the upper peak of the former government.
The new twist in the case was published on the Instrukskommissionens website, a commission is formed to investigate the flow around the illegal separation of asylpar in 2016, under then immigration and integration minister Inger Støjberg (V).
According to Henrik Qvortrup, had it been even more dramatic, if Lars Løkke Rasmussen still sitting prime minister or president of the Left.
- He is indeed a man, as a little is on the way out. So I think, actually, that he has it completely fine with having to testify, says the political commentator.
the Article continues after the image ...
How it looked, as the former Left-minister Søren Pind arrived to witness at the Instrukskommissionen in Frederiksberg on Friday 19. June. Photo: Philip Davali/Ritzau Scanpix
Also, the former permanent secretary in the prime minister's office Christian Kettel Thomsen, and former permanent secretary in the ministry of Justice Barbara Bertelsen, as today is the permanent secretary in the prime minister's office, to testify.
the Witnesses have been summoned, after former justice minister Søren Pind (V) under a kommissionsafhøring told that he informed Lars Løkke Rasmussen on his concerns for the separation of asylpar.
- I informed the prime minister that I was concerned about what was happening in the Aliens affairs and Integration, said Søren Pind from the witness box.
– My recollection is that it took place at sms, and that it is not triggered the great enthusiasm. It is not an everyday items, that a minister addressed to the prime minister, because he is concerned about the law being broken. I can't remember, I've done it in other contexts, he continued and added that he did not remember, when he sent the text message, and that he is no longer in possession of it.
According to Henrik Qvortrup, try the politicians all that ducking responsibility.
They stand in line to wash hands, says the commentator.
- Can Lars Løkke Rasmussen's testimony to have negative consequences for him?
- No, I don't believe it. Loop will be able to refer to, that his system was aware of the case, and it has also previously been in court, he says.
Lars Løkke Rasmussen to testify in the proceedings 17. september.
See also: Loop to testify in the Støjberg-case of the separation of asylpar
the FACTS: Illegal instruction during Støjberg be investigated
in the Middle of may began Instrukskommission work to investigate the former immigration and integration minister Inger Støjbergs (V) the separation of asylpar, where one was a minor.
the Instruction was unlawful because the pairs had requirements on individual assessment. There could be few which may not be separated, for example if they had children.
Instrukskommissionen get one and a half years to investigate the case, and along the way there has been continuously summoned more witnesses.
the Latest is former prime minister Lars Løkke Rasmussen (V) has been called.
Read more about the case here:
* Berlingske brings in January 2016, a news of minor asylum seekers, who are married and live with an adult. Inger Støjberg announces as foreigners, integration, immediately, that she would prevent cases of 'barnebrude', when they come to Denmark.
* In a press release issued 10. February 2016 from Aliens affairs and Integration was the foreign office message to asylpar should be separated, if one party was under the age of 18 years.
* the Instruction has since been labeled as illegal by the Parliamentary Ombudsman. A separation would require an individual assessment of the couple concerned.
* the Ombudsman could not get on without the actual interrogations, which is what the commission is in the process of. It has secured a deal of material that have not yet been promoting in public.
* A syrian asylpar was by the Copenhagen city Court in march awarded the 20,000 kroner in compensation, because they were tvangsadskilt in 2016. At that time the woman was 17 years and heavily pregnant. The man was 26 years old.
Sources: Politiken, Information, Berlingske, Ritzau.Show more Close