Usually consult the craftsmen and academics in their separate box.
the Builders have their practical skills, academics, their books, and it can therefore be difficult to see what the latter would do in a craft.
nevertheless there may be big advantages to welcome them. It considers, in each case, Lars Mourtisen, who is the director of the contractor Kopp Sorø – and it was to him, so should all craft enterprises in fact employ an academic prompt.
Lars Mourtisen employees even the first scholar for four years ago, when the Kopp Sorø was going through a needy period of time. Since the crew increased tenfold, and the trend has now also resulted in a nomination for Akademikerprisen, which is awarded at the end of October.
- From not being able to pay our bills on time and have a reputation for being bad payers at the construction site, we are putting in the day for more than 150 million crowns per year. You can be a skilled craftsman, but if there is no control on the hinterland, the accounts and the economy, it can be just much, says managing director Lars Mouritsen and adds:
- It is just everything that a scholar is good at, and like most craftsmen are not.
Kopp Sorø was founded in 2011 as a construction company with tasks in a range of trades from painting and bricklaying to carpentry and tømreropgaver.
But although already at that time was the time in the business to ensure, so got the money so fast ben to go on, the box still ended up to be empty, when the accounts were made up.
- It was my accountant that suggested, though it was not a good idea to employ a financial manager. Back then I thought not that it was an academic, I employees. I would just like to be in control of the economy, for it is an area which I have not even had any sense, says Lars Mouritsen.
It gave paw, and the result could be felt already a few months after. When the bills to the subcontractors usually only paid after 30 days, they were now paid the same, which conversely amounts to significant cash rebates to Kopp, Sorø.
to get cleaned up and get a grip on the economy, the deficit was turned into a surplus. It gave at the same time, the local craft business the opportunity to grow to it, which today is one of the largest construction companies.
today, four years after recruitment of the first scholar, the company employs 102 employees.
three More academics have come to, which takes care of everything from the economy to the bookkeeping and contracts.
- It has given me a peace in my stomach that I know there is a grip on the economy, and that I have skilled staff that takes care of it. So have I been able to take me of everything I'm good at, and in the community is the company has just grown, " says Lars Mouritsen, who in addition to being the director also works as a carpenter and cabinetmaker.
Kopp Sorø represents the east of denmark in the Akademikerprisens finalefelt. Here, the company is up against three others from every part of the country, and the final winner will be announced 29. October at a big award ceremony at the national Museum in Copenhagen.
- When the called and told about the nomination, I thought at first that they had called the wrong. I am proud that we have reached a situation where we are as a company. But even though I am sure that in the future we will also recruit more scholars than the ones we already have, then it is right now masons, I could use more of, if we are to continue to grow, he says.