'I'm relieved and happy.'
It was the main character's spontaneous emotional eruption, when his lawyer, Michael Juul Eriksen, just above the dinner sent Jimmi Levakovic a text and seconds later, the 30-year-old gypsy gangsters response to the Supreme court ruling in his udvisningssag.
- jimmi's joy is quite understandable. It here has been a lot of pressure for him, and the idea of being forced to move to Croatia with his partner and her three minor children were completely unmanageable, said Michael Juul Eriksen.
Michael Juul Eriksen welcomes the organisation and its client's behalf against the Supreme court's judgment in udvisningssagen against Jimmi Levakovic. Photo: Ernst van Norde
The well-known defense attorney was in the court of appeal in the case of Fair Two Familias possible resolution, when the Supreme court announced the five judges decision. The final outcome did not come as a surprise.
- the Supreme court has in the past been hard-nosed. But this is legally the right result. It marks that there is a limit to how far the Danish law can go in cases of expulsion, and I have actually never been in doubt that it would go that way, said Michael Juul Eriksen.
Michael Juul Eriksen believes that all factors spoke against the expulsion of Jimmi Levakovic.
Not least for the convicted familiefars strong social ties to Denmark unlike his little connection to Croatia, where he has citizenship, but has only been under a short term vacation as a young man. The language he speaks is not.
- There is also the argument that the judiciary system does not have warned him about the risk to be expelled, and that in relation to, for example, his uncle (above everything else Levakovic, red.) is talking about crime on a much smaller scale and with a significantly lower maximum sentence. There had been talk about four or five years in prison, it was a different story, believe Michael Juul Eriksen.
the 112 - 19. mar. 2019 - at. 12:07 Gypsy-gangster gets new chance: Denmark container Levakovic
In the entire process in the Supreme court, he has turned on, to two years in prison, which was also the sentence-level in the court of appeal, located right on the border in relation to a judgment of expulsion.
- It is also what the regulators have announced, points out the defender.
Michael Juul Eriksen has said that udvisningssagen was 'the last chance' for Jimmi Levakovic.
- How much should he take next, before he really run the risk of expulsion. Theft? A new deadliest single targeted killing?
- What we need to do, I can't say. The supreme court's decision is no free pass. Of course not. But it will always be a specific assessment.
Jimmi Levakovic photographed in 2016 in connection with the udvisningssagen against his uncle ruled in his place 'the Boss' Levakovic, which also got to be sent out of Denmark. Photo: Jonas Olufson
Michael Juul Eriksen is glad that it was not 'the people's court shall', which would determine whether he could remain in the country he is born and raised in.
- Jimmi Levakovic certainly would not win a referendum, acknowledges Michael Juul Eriksen, who believes it would be 'unreasonable' if his client's clan-the light and the great public interest in his udvisningssag had been meaning:
- It is the person it is about. Not his family background.
the Extra Leaf would like to have had a direct comment from Jimmi Levakovic. But he does not want to comment.