Tragedy strikes Leth family.
Jørgen Leths 56-year-old daughter, Karoline Leth, the family's focal point, has been affected by cancer in the brain and subsequent surgery.
It confirms her husband, Thomas Hoby Andersen, to Ekstra Bladet.
- I can confirm that my wife's surgery for a brain tumor. It was a successful operation, and she is in chemotherapy now and will be there until the month of march, he says.
As a film producer has Karoline Leth stood behind a strip of well-known tv series, including ’the Heirs’, ’Norskov’, ’fawlty towers’ and ’Rita’.
Likewise, she has been the producer on several feature films and a part of shorts. Earlier in her career she was primarily documentary.
The core family, which also consists of the couple's daughter as well as two adult children from Karoline Leths previous marriage, keeps your spirits high. My enthusiasm is helped by good forecasts.
- We take it a step at a time. The outlook is fortunately very good, so we are confident.
- It is, of course, as it is, when you are in chemo. She is on sick leave from his work (Zentropa, ed.), and the expectation is that she will be perfectly healthy, when kemoen is over, says the master.
Thomas Hoby Andersen tells that the doctors discovered the cancer at a case.
- It was a completely incidental finding in connection with the clearing of kæbesmerter. She made a scan, and they discovered that she had something, he says.
Karoline Leths's health has it - all things considered - well.
- She has been healthy until she had surgery, and was subsequently in radiotherapy in Aarhus, and kemoen be completed in the month of march.
- Kemoen are mainly of preventive nature, says Thomas Hoby Andersen.
Jørgen Leth believes that his daughter's passion for movies, her social being and love to the family is keeping her alive. Photo: Stine Bidstrup
Jørgen Leth praises his daughter, to show willpower in a time, where she has been pressed against life's abyss.
He describes the parts of the course as hell.
- It is terrible for a woman in the age to come to such a serious disease, but struggling she is yes. There she shows her strong, powerful character and fight and maintain your footing in life, " says Jørgen Leth.
The 83-year-old journalist, author, poet, and tv commentator was in the Dominican Republic, when he received the message about his daughter's illness.
- It is clear that it is not nice when your child gets sick.
- It is a terrible, so you can just concentrate on that support as much you can, to talk with her and keep up with it and also be informed about what is happening, " says Jørgen Leth.
--------- SPLIT ELEMENT ---------A very large tumor
Jørgen Leth could only communicate with his daughter over sms, as doctors would beat the last illness down with radiation in the aftermath of the operation.
It was a very large tumor, we were told after the operation, and it was depressing. And then we got the cure: It had to be radiation - hard process. And then came the kemoen.
She had to get through the heavy way, because the operation did not take it all. Is how it is. I can only say it on this primitive way. I can't say anything else.
- And we have followed, and we have tried to give her moral support, love, tenderness. And this she has certainly got. And she has taken against.
- It has boosted her morale to make her home in this horrible course of treatment, he says.