The last 15 years, the radio host Karlo Staunskær been in charge for the hour-long quizprogram 'national Champion'.
In november, got the popular radio show the death knell, and the final broadcast will be posted on Friday 21. december.
It has got many of the P5-the listeners up in the red field. They do not understand, why there will be closed and the power is turned off the program.
And Karlo Staunskær understand it certainly not.
- I have been employed at DR of 35 years, and I have several times tried, that there must rokeres, saving and so on. But this is so far the worst that I have experienced. It all came as a shock, he tells wistfully to the Extra Blade.
In continuation of the last medieforlig, where the DR was required to save 20 percent on the budget, several of the P5s to the radio smoked. It also means that the P5 in the future to make content that also is about other than music.
Karlo Staunskær therefore understand not just the 'Champion' should be shut down.
- It does not make sense that you drop a quizprogram. P5 would like to focus on other than music in the future, and my program is about, that people can call in and participate in the quiz. It is not a music program, he says.
the Extra Leaf has previously been in contact with kanalredaktøren for P4 and P5, Lars Daneskov, which says that the program is closed as part of the larger reshuffle, DR is in time with.
- We have gone from eight to five radio channels. We have been compelled to think the P5 as a 'whole' channel. It will say that we must have content, which also is about other than music.
- In this context, we need to close some programs. We close, therefore, among other things, 'Champion', says kanalredaktøren to Ekstra Bladet.
Lars Daneskov can well understand that the P5's listeners is infuriating that 'Champion' does not continue. Photo: Niels Hougaard
According to Karlo Staunskær closes the program down because of the savings.
- The closure of the program, among other things hangs together with savings in the DR do not match. There must not be saved on the P5. That comes however, new programs and new hosts.
- I have not got a real justification why the 'national Champion' closes, says Karlo Staunskær.
Many P5-listeners send Karlo Staunskær long mails, where they thank him for the programmes.
It means a lot to him.
- It makes a huge impression on me, that many listeners contact me. They write and tell me they are very bored of it, now where the program will soon close.
- A woman phoned in last week and began to cry. It was very hard, and it has made a huge impression on me, telling radio host.
the Danish policy - 18. sep. 2018 - at. 14:55 DR-savings plan: See what the respondent
To the question of what Karlo Staunskær now must do, he says:
- Now I go then retirement. I had not figured that I should do yet. But I have both children and grandchildren, I can see more now, which is really nice.