Friday evening was Marianne Kvernmo (23) on the way to the stables and the horse she fits in Skulsfjord Tromsø. Suddenly she noticed a man who stood in the middle of the road and waved his arms.REINDEER: Three reindeer was lying in the road when Marianne was stopped by another motorist. Photo: Marianne Kvernmo Show more
I stopped and asked what had happened. In it I said it, I saw that it was reindeer strewn across the road ahead. I asked if he has called viltnemnda, and the man replied that he was on the phone with the police, " says Kvernmo to the Newspaper.
the Case was first referred to in iTromsø.Open wounds and broken bones
According to the Kvernmo told the man that he had run right behind a tungbil, and had been witness to the fact that the driver should have driven down several reindeer.
Tungbilen had run further.
Then came more cars, and I jumped out of my car to stop these, so that the animals would not stand up and say Kvernmo.
Kvernmo says that she has a father who works in the Viltnemnda, and that she has been with her father to kill animals several times.
- If they are travelling themselves, they get even more hurt. They lay there, with various broken bones and open wounds, " she says.INJURED: With open wounds and fractures were three reindeer left in the road. Photo: Marianne Kvernmo. Show more the Incident is being investigated
the Police and reineier came to the place after a little while, and reineier killed the injured animals.
- Tungbilen drove away to a vantage point not far away, where many tourists see the northern Lights. It is a kind of dead end, explains Kvernmo.
- He turned off the lights on the car. It looked like he had seen us and realized that it was wrong to walk away without notice. One policeman ran after tungbilsjåføren and had a chat with him, " she says further.
Police in the north have confirmed that a driver is being investigated for the incident.
One of the conditions that are being investigated are whether he have run away or abandoned injured animals, " says operasjonsleder Karl Erik Thomassen at iTromsø, which reminds that it is mandatory reporting of such events.
There is disagreement about the course of events, and the police have not yet concluded whether the driver the detective has run on the animals or stung by, writes the newspaper.Not human
After being contacted by the police had reineier Per Kitti euthanize the animals.
- There were some broken bones. One had a broken back, another had bekkenbrudd, " says Kitti to the Newspaper.
Reineieren talked even with the driver who is suspected in the case.
He refused the nicely, and I will not be assertive, but it was most likely him.
- It is not human, " says Kitti about to let the animals remain without taking responsibility. He tells that he has experienced such in many years.
- It is heartbreaking. It had been much better if only he had notified with a time. So they had slippet to lie there and suffer. I get really angry that people can do such a thing, " says Marianne Kvernmo.Mads' pictures of the rare white reinsdyrkalven go around the world