It will be a nightmare for truck-drivers. They can't see them.
- I wonder if they get bad nerves, especially in the cities.
so writes Joe O in one of the 51 comments written on the FDMs Facebook profile about the electrical scooters now - quite legally - allowed to run on the Danish cycle paths. And Mindy is not the only one who thinking about how people in big trucks, to handle the new and vulnerable road users:
- Completely insane.
- In the best case we will see a variety of new types of damage. Including a growing number of højreulykker.
- Remember in this connection that, as always (almost) the lorry driver that gets the blame, writes Jørgen N and very appropriate, there is a exportchauffør, who has written a comment in the same thread. She is called Lise's and she is also concerned about:
- It's gonna be 'fun' for us truck drivers.
- Dear politicians, the easy your butt off in the real world and see how it hangs together.
- There should be a rule about the reflective vests required, writes Catherine, who describes the current conditions of the traffic as 'Russian roulette'.
How is løbehjulsreglerne on public roads
Driving with motorized scooters should be on the bike path.
applies the same requirements for lights and reflectors for motorized scooters, which makes for bikes. However, the lamps are always switched on while driving on a motorized scooters – also outside during daytime.
Motorized scooters are allowed in the experimental scheme could run to a maximum of 20 kilometres per hour under its own power.
Motorized scooters, like the ordinary bicycle subject to færdselslovens general agtsomhedskrav and the rules that traffic must adjust their speed to the circumstances, with particular regard to the safety of others.
the Drivers of a motorized scooters must be at least 15 years.
Motorized scooters must, however, be kept by the persons under 15 years of age, if driving is done under the guidance and control of an adult, or if the driving takes place only on the signposted play and seating areas.
Færdselslovens provisions on spirituspåvirkning and driving under the influence of bevidsthedspåvirkende substances, disease, etc., also applies to drivers of motorised scooters.
Færdselslovens provisions relating to insurance shall apply to hired vehicles. There is, conversely, not to have insurance for vehicles that are privately owned.
Source: Transport, Construction and ministry of housing