Post a Comment Print Share on Facebook
Featured Alyona Popova Georgia GameStop Detroit Lions New Orleans

reads.

Large demo against the rural Exodus in Spain

tens of thousands of people have demonstrated in Madrid against the dramatic increase in the rural Exodus in Spain. They demanded of the government to support, to animate the inhabitants of rural areas to Stay.

With a protest March in Madrid have made tens of thousands of Spaniards to the Problem of the massive depopulation of many parts of the country carefully. At the mass rally in the centre of the capital, dozens of associations and platforms from 23 provinces participated.

The organizers spoke on the afternoon of 100,000, the authorities of 50,000 protesters. On Transparent equality for villages and cities was to: "!" and "Spain needs the rural life".

Vast areas of land almost depopulated

In Spain is 90 percent of the population to 30 percent of the land area in Madrid and along the coasts. The remaining 70 percent living in the interior so that only ten percent of the Spaniards.

The protesters are demanding, among other things, a better infrastructure.

according to government sources, the population density is around 48 per cent of all Spanish municipalities with less than 12.5 inhabitants per square kilometre. This is classified in the European Union as a low density with depopulation risk. Thousands of villages have already been abandoned completely and are for sale.

To the rally had been called by the platforms, "Teruel existe" and "Soria Ya!", which has been trying for years to address the situation. The provinces of Teruel in Aragon and Soria in Castilla-León are particularly affected by rural Exodus. "Soria Ya!" had expected the Demo that all the 89.000 inhabitants of the province would fit into the football stadium of FC Barcelona.

In the football stadium of Barcelona have place all the inhabitants of the almost 7000 square kilometres in the province of Soria.

government has already announced measures to

First, on Friday, the socialist government of Pedro Sánchez announced that it to respond with a contingency strategy from 70 different actions on the depopulation. Critics had accused the government, it is before the parliamentary election on 28. April votes to win - because at the time of the vote, the electorate plays the role from the country. Important points of the Plan, among other things, a better Internet connection in rural areas and the creation of new employment opportunities especially for young people.

Avatar
Your Name
Post a Comment
Characters Left:
Your comment has been forwarded to the administrator for approval.×
Warning! Will constitute a criminal offense, illegal, threatening, offensive, insulting and swearing, derogatory, defamatory, vulgar, pornographic, indecent, personality rights, damaging or similar nature in the nature of all kinds of financial content, legal, criminal and administrative responsibility for the content of the sender member / members are belong.