Forbundsleder Jørn Eggum in the trade unions are upset over how restaurantansatte be treated in sportsrestauranten O'Learys in Oslo, and ask:
Why grep is not the labour inspectorate? Unfortunately, it is not a lack of contracts and lack of effect outstanding. The industry has a well deserved bad reputation. Many of the reports we receive about the bad conditions of work are from Franchise restaurants, where the chains have not given the drivers enough training and follow-up, " says Jørn Eggum.Alerts about threats and harassment: "No worries I will fuck here on the floor" Asked LO help
the Newspaper wrote Saturday about sportsrestauranten O'Learys, where a number of employees have asked for help from the LO.
Here are some of the klagepunktene:O’Learys refused to submit the relevant forms about sykmelding, which meant that the waiters had to go from his apartment due to lack of money.The lack of employment contracts.Lack of effect.Long guards on 14-15 hours, without pause.Lemfeldig treatment of employees, who could be asked to go home before the stint was over without payment or summoned to come to work on short notice. Those who refused, lost the guards.The employer of the employees in the påhør of customers.Rough sms’is whether the employee sent to the colleague.Exploits
Merethe Solberg leader of Fellesforbundet avd. 10, hotel and restaurant, in Oslo, norway has handled the O’Learys case. She believes that the authority disclaims responsibility for the follow-up.
- When two of the employees met in person up at the labour Inspection authority and told about how the O’Learys treated them, they got information that the labour inspectorate had not the capacity to control the restaurant. We approached in writing to the labour Inspection about the case many months ago, but have not received a reply.
- If not, the labour Inspection engages in such disreputable employment will employers continue to do as it suits them, because it doesn't get any consequences, " says Solberg.system problem
LO-boss Jørn Eggum remind you that we have a strong arbeidslivslovgivning in Norway and the Norwegian labour inspection authority to oversee that everything goes right for him.
- When the employee contacts the authority, and do not get a response, we have a system problem. If it is caused by insufficient resources or lack of willingness, I do not know. That the labour Inspection authority fails to respond to investigate the restaurants, when foreign employees have taken against and reported horrible conditions, that the O’Learys, is unsustainable, " says Jørn Eggum.Scenario: - Should have reacted
Morten Kjerstad Larsen, tilsynsleder in the labour inspectorate in Oslo, says that the authority gets into the 8000 tips each year and has conducted over 5,000 supervision in the accommodation and hospitality industry since 2015.
- We prioritize this industry high. The working conditions that the staff describes in the Newspaper, we should have responded to fairly quickly, because there are recognizable themes in the restaurants, " says Morten Kjerstad Larsen.
Tilsynslederen concede that there may be slippage also with the labour inspectorate.
- The information that appears in the Newspaper about restaurantansattes meeting with the labour Inspection is not ok. We are going to pursue it internally. I know me not again in that the labour Inspection shall have black employees that we do not have the capacity. But I'm coming anyway to bring this up with inspectors in our restaurants to ensure that we communicate clearly, to see if we have something to learn, " says Morten Kjerstad Larsen.
Which asserts that the trade unions have every opportunity to make direct contact with the management of the labour inspectorate.Fines of 100,000 €
Tilsynslederen states that the labour Inspection authority in the period ahead will intensify the control of the hospitality industry.
- We are going to increase the use of an administrative fine, the following violations: Lack of an overview of employees ' work hours, long days and weekly guards, non-payment of the generalised wage and overtime pay.
Businesses will be able to levied fines in the range of from 50.000 € to far over 100 000 depending on the severity and the company's finances, says Morten Kjerstad Larsen, tilsynsleder in the labour Inspection authority, Oslo.- Embarrassing for us in the LO
Only 2000 of Fellesforbundets 140.000 members working in the restaurant industry.
- It says its. For us in the LO, there is the embarrassing fact that-not even in the restaurants around the castle of our at Youngstorget, we have managed to organize enough people to demand collective agreements with the businesses. Therefore we have now laid on the table additional resources to recruit new members, " he says.Challenges the other party,
Jørn Eggum argues that the confederation of Norwegian enterprise fails and should done more to bring order to the restaurant.
- We miss that our arbeidsgivermotpart, NHO Reiseliv, take action. They are concerned about sexual harassment, which is all well and good. But NHO Tourism cares little about the wages and working conditions. They mean the restaurants themselves must control.
- I mean the trade unions and the confederation of Norwegian enterprise together should take training of restaurantsjefene, offer them basic training in the laws and regulations that apply in the Norwegian workplace, " says forbundslederen.NHO: - We care just as much
Magne Kristensen, director of the legal department in NHO Reiseliv, believes that Jørn Eggum wrong by claiming that the confederation of Norwegian enterprise failure in these questions.
- Eggum says we don't care about the wages and working conditions. The truth is that we care just as much about this as trade unions do, although we represent different parties. Employers are obliged to follow the social rules, and all are served with good and neat working conditions, " says Magne Kristensen.
He points out that the aforementioned company does not have membership in NHO Reiseliv, and that NHO Reiseliv therefore not familiar with the working conditions in the restaurant.
- We operate with training and guidance on the business rules continuously to our member companies. However, we have no influence over the businesses that are with in NHO Reiseliv, " says director Magne Kristensen.