Since the case against Karsten Rees two friends began in the district Court back in september of 2017, has rigmanden followed bestikkelsessagen close.
the First was Rees friends, two officers from The Police, acquitted of having received bribes from him in the form of a stay at his Camp in Africa. In Court, they were sentenced to 20 days imprisonment, and now, the Supreme court has finally settled the matter with a tightening. The judgment reads at 40 days imprisonment for the two officers.
Danish celebrity - 20. mar. 2019 - at. 12:15 Karsten Ree-case decided in the Supreme court
- I'm generally very bad with the with the verdict. I feel me hit on my honor, and the two police officers also need to do, I think, says Karsten Ree to Ekstra Bladet.
The 73-year-old musician says that the case has had major implications for the two officers, he considers his good friends. The past two years, they have been suspended from their jobs in the north Zealand Police, and the judgment will in the future be of great importance for their professional life.
- I believe that they are judged in a wrong and a simply dishonest basis. The fact is that they have been given three-day stay in my camp with self-catering. It has cost me around 500 dollars, and not the 26,000 who have been in the right.
Both Karsten and Janni Ree has followed the case closely. Photo: Tariq Mikkel Khan
- Your generosity in this matter with significant consequences for your friends. How are you with it?
- It is I damn very sorry. And I can do nothing about it. It is difficult to repair. I have just spoken with one of them. He is approaching retirement age, but the last few years, where he has been suspended, he almost had to go for the lye and cold water, says Karsten Ree.
- do you Feel a responsibility for it?
- Yes, I feel one degree or another, guilty. I still do not understand that it can be forbidden to have someone to spend the night with him. So on the way, I don't feel guilty. But I feel me guilty of or complicit in, that it is gone them bad, says Karsten Ree, who himself has been accused in the case. And it comprehends he is not.
- I can not understand, that I am not accused. If the bribe is prohibited for one party, it must also be for the other. If it is bribery, which, incidentally, is a very boring word, it must have a purpose. It was not here. And bribery is not something I do myself in. But it is not wrong to be bribing. Evidently, he says.
- Yes, of course, I do it with the consequences it has had for them. But I will now take the liberty to invite friends, family and business relationship with down to the camp. It is natural for me. Therefore I also think that the judgment is wrong and a bit unfair, he says.
Understand the proceedings against the officers
In the fall of 2014 investigating the two officers from The Police a case against Karsten Ree on trafficking in human beings. In december 2014, waives the charges against Karsten Ree.
In march 2015, Karsten Rees neighbor is experiencing a hjemmerøveri. Rigmanden finds tracks in the snow and contacts the two officers who have previously investigated him in order to look at the spores and, moreover, about the security of his home.
There occurs a good chemistry between the parties during the visit to Karsten Rees home. The ushers and Ree talking about dreams and journeys, and it is here the journey to Karsten Rees farm in Kenya, Karen Blixen Camp, comes in. The ushers and Karsten Ree are not talking about price or discounts for the journey.
22. november to 6. december is the two cops in Africa – respectively, at the Karen Blixen Camp and at the Bluebay Beach Resort Tanzania. They paid even airline tickets and transport in Africa. The prosecutor believes that the journey has a value of over 26,000 pounds Karsten Ree believes that his gesture to his friends, actually cost him around 500 dollars. They lived free of charge in farmens tents and come on already arranged tours.
the police officers were acquitted in the Court of Elsinore in september 2017. The case was appealed by the prosecution. In march 2018, they received each a sentence of 20 days imprisonment in the high Court to have violated the penal code provision on passive bribery.
the Supreme court has now finally settled the matter and sentenced the two officers to 40 days imprisonment.