After storsejren of Montenegro in the Royal Arena in Denmark is stumbling close to being qualified for next year's european championship finals. The square had already been sure, if the team also have enabled the montenegrins in the first termination in Podgorica on Wednesday.
it Had happened, had Nikolaj Jacobsen sent a part of its players in early summer. It allowed l. understand after Saturday's fight in the Royal Arena. But the possibility of early holiday have the players with the defeat on Wednesday destroyed for themselves.
Denmark still has to play qualifiers against the Ukraine and the Faroe islands, and right now, the position is that of Denmark and Ukraine both have six points. There will be a small finale, when the two teams meet in the Ukraine on 12. June.
Two teams move on from group stage, but Nikolaj Jacobsen would like to win the group.
- This gives possibly a better seeding for the tournament, says the national coach, who would otherwise have great desire to save some of its players.
- But we must look at who has strength in reserve when we come to June. My national team is probably the most strained in the entire world, because they play in the Champions League-clubs in Germany or in France.
But otherwise was national coach of a tumultarisk week with the defeat of last Wednesday, a cancelled flight and a road accident ended happily with storsejren at 37-26 over Montenegro.
Among the many good performances he put the words of the great struggle, as Jacob Holm delivered.
Rapid Holm was put in the game at the end of the first half, when Montenegro was about to get fat again.
- We attack not in the holes that were there, and so that burned some big chances. Jacob had deserved to come in and show how skilled a player he is. Specially facing such an offensive defense, he is really toxic, because he is so quick on his feet. Together with Mikkel Hansen and Mads Mensah, he was to give a good rhythm, and then he won the man-man-duels, he was put in. It was really positive to see.
- We had learned a lot from the first match in Podgorica. They covered almost two mandsopdækninger, and it got solved with some angrebsåbninger, who brought us in good situations.
- Until today it had been a really lorteuge, so it was nice to come home and play for so many people, which gave a great atmosphere. The players joined well after the disappointing experience in Montenegro, says Nikolaj Jacobsen.