2. division is back, and as a special offer, you can now see the end game free. Follow your heart, follow your club and get access here
Are you already a PLUS customer, you'll see fighting here
Enough to have Jürgen Klopp broken a curse to lead Liverpool to the club's first championship in 30 years, but the German football coach will not be put in the crib with the club's greatest managers through the ages.
Klopp does not want to be a statue of him in the vicinity of Liverpool's home ground, Anfield. It says Klopp at a press conference, according to several international media, including the VG and the Daily Mail.
- I will live for 30-40 more years, so I'm not interested in a statue. At least not in my lifetime. I am the manager of this here team, and we have won the league.
- I understand that people are positive and I is positive, but we don't need to compare me with iconic persons, says Jürgen Klopp.
He emphasises that the managers, who already is celebrated with a statue, has done a greater work for Liverpool.
- I don't know exactly how long Bill Shankly was in the club, but think of what he did, and the way he lifted the club up from 2. division. Bob Paisley was his assistant, and he took over and won as good as anything. Kenny Dalglish has played for the club before he became manager and immediately got success.
- For me it can not be compared. I've been here for four and a half years. I came from Germany, and I have tried to do my job. I love the city, I love the club, but there is no reason to compare me with them, says Jürgen Klopp.
The 53-year-old German has been able to call themselves English champion since Thursday night, when rival Manchester City lost at stamford bridge to Chelsea.
during his time in Liverpool has Klopp also led the club to the Champions League title.
Much more Premier League Past day the Summer's biggest sales: the Door open to the Premier League Past day She must sell unique in scandinavia because the shooting star Past day Denmark's biggest fan: Lives in his own Liverpool-house Past day Detection: FCM-coach was close to Manchester City Past day The most sensational Danish trades Past day Liverpool-darlings grandmother had a relationship with Sir Alex