some weeks ago, landed the 81-year-old Jørgen Leth in the Copenhagen Airport, and here was a somewhat surprising sight that met the travellers.
The popular Tour de France, commentator, film maker and journalist sat namely in a wheelchair and was waiting for his suitcase at the baggage carousel, because he, by his own admission 'was not so good at walking'.
But when he Wednesday evening troppede up on the red carpet, in connection with the movie premiere of the film 'Denmark's sons' in Imperial in Copenhagen, he was back on his feet again.
Cycling - 5. apr. 2019 - at. 06:19 Leth on Tour-comeback: - I have other options
He leaned up at her daughter, Karoline, to which he had brought to the premiere.
- I'm fine, he said initial, when Ekstra Bladet asked how it went with his health.
- I am being supported by my daughter. I'm much more on top. I'm ready. I have lots of work. I make movies, and I'm doing everything possible. I have plenty to do. There comes a new movie in years. It is a great documentary called 'I am' - 'The walk'. Speaking of which, he said with a grin to the attendees of the press.
Jørgen Leth in a wheelchair for a couple of weeks ago. Photo: Ekstra Bladet
on Thursday last week, it emerged that Jørgen Leth is not as a commentator for TV2 during next year's Tour de France.
The seasoned commentator has rejected an offer from TV2 on a role in the studio in Odense instead to be with during the Tour. A task, which last year was limited to a camping chair in a pavilion in the technical zone, as Leth due to its distressed physics not able to be in kommentatorboksen.
When he on Wednesday evening met up on the red carpet in Imperial, he was of good courage, and resolved that he should no longer be a part of the team at TV2.
at the same time, he unveiled that there is a good chance that he is again to find when the Tour de France runs over the display for the summer - however, on a different channel or platform.
- It (parting with the TV2, red.) I have taken in stride. I'm fine with the situation. There are many who will talk with me. It could be that I come back in a different area. There are several concrete, which has been in contact with me. I can't say more about it, said Jørgen Leth secretively.
Jørgen Leth on the red carpet with her daughter. Photo: Mogens Flindt
- How are you with all the support you have received from the danes?
- I am hugely grateful for the support I have received. It means a lot. It touches me in fact, said Jørgen Leth and continued to talk about his plans for the summer:
- I must well down to the Tour de France also. We will see. I also have a new book on the road before the first of may. It is a collection of poems. It comes at Gyldendal in april, he said.