In solitary splendour, he went home femmilen in the world CHAMPIONSHIPS in Val di Fiemme in 2013 and wrote a piece of sports history.
His last championship did Johan Olsson at the world CHAMPIONSHIPS in Lahti in 2017, but it took just a little over a year before he was back in the national team.
Now, as leaders.
But the Swedish spain is far from being the same class as when Johan Olsson, Marcus Hellner and Anders Södergren was the stars in the team.
today's Calle Halfvarsson alone on the men's side to be with in förhandssnacket.
" You can look who took pallplatserna a few years ago, they are not anymore, says Johan Olsson.
He is working at the side of Mattias Nilsson, who has responsibility for distansåkarna, and Fredrik Uusitalo, concentrating on sprint.
that has managed to get a podium finish in the world cup this season, and the Swedish riders has received criticism for that they would work out for the poor, a critique of both Olsson and truckers gone sour.
– Many of the team train more than I did when I became a world champion, " says Johan Olsson.
– the Difficulty to be a coach is to find each individual person's key. You can't just take a copy that you give to everyone and say that you are now doing so here.
Several of the distansåkarna has for a long time been characterized by injuries, Daniel Rickardsson have had problems with an injured foot and both Mr Burman and Mr Thorn has constant problems with his back.
– It is quite a heavy name that had the problem. We hope so clear that it will solve for the world CUP.
That Rikard Grip said that ”lifting the Swedish herrskidåkning to former levels” takes JOhan Olsson with a pinch of salt.
" I believe that you need to see how you can change the bet on the Swedish herrskidåkning and in the longer term to build a strong palestine. You should have continuity in the initiative and see what we can do differently, it is something we are continuously evaluating. I have been in the technology field. I really love to keep on with the personal development and work at a detailed level.
men hardly belongs medaljfavoriterna so hope Johan Olsson to release it in the world CUP.
" We engaged in a sport where it comes to be able to handle the weather and the track, and the skis should be easy. It can be both plus and minus on that account. All of a sudden you have two plus on the account and then there is someone there on the podium with a medal around his neck. You should never say never. The most important preparation for the world CUP has been to work structurally and to take decisions that are right. Do you make it so there is the possibility that it is going really well.
That the ladies will take the medals in the world CUP is a given, the only question is how many. Johan Olsson is trying to find an explanation for the huge success on the women's side.
– the Girls who were good a few years ago is still there and it has been very good from the bottom up, you have a young generation that moved up the positions. Perhaps it is so that it does not require the same bet for girls and guys. You may have to evaluate and see if you need to add up the strategy around the men in a different way.
in lagsprinten in Lahti and it sparked speculation that he, along with 22-year-old Victor Thorn would be able to have a medaljchans in the world CUP.
– this with the expectations I have a bit of difficulty. I'm trying to look more realistic at things. Will be the young riders for the pushed against the medal and start to think about the medal so it can be easy to lose himself in the work every day.
Victor Thorn is one of those who landslagsledningen hope for the future. But Johan Olsson does not want to put pressure on the talent from Bengtsfors.
" Viktor has been training incredibly well the entire time, during the season as well, so it looks good against the might of a world CUP in 2021. Purely in terms of capacity so it takes a while, especially at the level he is.
Despite the fact that Johan Olsson is a cautious general, he nonetheless, warnings are being heard about Viktor Thorn.
– I would probably describe him as a joker as well. But we should not talk of medals.
Read more: Norwegian pike: ”Wish the swedes could give us a better fight.”