’do you Know what the best is?’ Bum Bum.
Yes, by most of the Danish children well, and have known for over six decades.
BR-toys was created by Edith and Børge Rasmussen, who in 1950 bought a kiosk in Roskilde, who sold the paper and party supplies, and every christmas had toys on the shelves.
the Couple had three children, and since the business was taken over by their two sons, who made it to a specialist shop for toys.
It was according to Wikipedia a chain, in 2018 had 77 stores in Denmark, 62 in Sweden, 16 in Norway, one in the Faroe islands, 16 in Finland and 11 in Germany.
the Cousin of BR goes bankrupt after failing christmas sales
But now is the children's great toy adventure is over.
For the company Top-Toy A/S, who is behind the Cousin of BR and Toys’R’Us, went in the day of the bankruptcy.
And it is not something that caps nine-year-old Martha Teilmann and her 13-year-old sister Petra Teilmann.
– It seems I'm a bit bummer. I really liked to look in there, because they have many things I like, " says Martha, who has just been in to buy a Squishamals-plysfigur in the store at the Magazine on the Kgs. Nytorv.
– well, I really liked it as little, and I think that in a way or another, just always, it has been the one that was the best toy store, says Petra Teilman.
She also knows the store's famous slogan.
the business news - 28. dec. 2018 - at. 17:58 After the toys bankruptcy: Here are the shops where you can swap
Jacob Mortensen, who comes walking past the store with his 11-year-old daughter Monika and the rest of the family, cares not that the iconic toy store now closes.
– I think it is a little sad. For when I was a kid, it was always nice to go into a Cousin of the BR-store. It was always something you looked forward to.
He explains that when there was a birthday or christmas, it was the Cousin of BR, was used.
– I think that it is a pity that the next generation will not have the chance to experience being inside a toy store, says Jacob Mortensen, who believes it due to the internet.
He lives in the UNITED states, so his children do not know so much to the Cousin of BR.
– So why is it called the Toys R’Us instead. And Toys R’Us has suffered the same fate as the Cousin of BR, therefore, it is extremely disappointing to come home and see that Cousin of BR cannot keep the propeller in the water.
His children are perhaps not surprisingly also tired of the situation.
– They also think it is annoying. For at the time that they were six-seven-eight years it seems that Toys R’Us was amazing. And they loved always, when the best had come on a visit, ’now we need to check in Toys R’Us’.
But now the adventure is over.