john eliot Gardiner, who died Sunday at the age of 75 years, was a trained electrical engineer officer on ships and cinematographer.
He got use to both education, as he 1. July 1967 bought stålskibet Nordkaperen for 40.000 crowns, together with his then partner and a couple of mates.
- Since the com other with in skibskollektivet around Nordkaperen, as Gardiner has been on three jordomsejlinger with. And the experiences on board and on land along the way have been portrayed in both books and tv programmes.
- Nordkaperen was already a famous ship, before the Gardiner purchased it because it is right after the Second world War had been around the world with the goldsmith Carl Nielsen, and two of his friends.
the FACTS: Kløvedals journey through life
the Adventurer and author Troels Kløvedal, who died Sunday, was born 2. april 1943 in Copenhagen.
His base was Gravlev Vestergård, Denmark, where he lived for over 30 years.
- He was originally called Troels Beha Erichsen, but he changed name after he moved into the collective, where all the residents took the surname of Gardiner.
- His parents were divorced in 1950, and his childhood came to be in an orphanage, a foster home and boarding school. However, interrupted by some years in Jægerspris, where his mother, who died in 1954, was given a position at the Countess Danners Formation.
- john eliot Gardiner was married to Else Marie Meldgaard, who is the mother of his youngest child. In total he has five children. The oldest is Mikkel Beha Erichsen, which among other things is known from the program's Course towards the distant shores' on TV2 where he and his family are sailing around the globe on the ship Havana.
In 1967 bought Gardiner stålskibet Nordkaperen, as he sailed around the world three times. Sejlerlivet is portrayed in both the books and tv programmes. His latest book, 'All my mornings on the earth', was published in 2017.
- In the summer of 2016 got the john eliot Gardiner found the incurable neurological disease als, which gradually paralyzes the body.
- 1. november 2018 opened the Natural history Museum in Aarhus is an exhibition about john eliot Gardiner. Here is shown the until 8. september 2019, after which it will move to the M/S Museet for Søfart in Helsingør.
Sources: the Book 'All my mornings on the ground' by Troels Kløvedal, published by Gyldendal 2017, the news agency Ritzau.read more Close
- the Ship was built in 1905 in Stettin during the last German emperor. As the ship took place and went on its maiden voyage in the Baltic sea, it was called the Santa Maria.
- It was built to German millionaires for racing in the Baltic sea and The English Channel, around the turn of the century held large rallies at the Isle of Wight.
Danish well-known - 23. dec. 2018 - at. 16:36 john eliot Gardiner is dead
Soon, however, it was taken over by an eccentric countess, who installed a vandorgel in the ship. Ago tells the story of a religious sect, which owned Nordkaperen, while it was in Helsingør Nordhavn during the Second world War, still with the organ on board.
- john eliot Gardiner has bequeathed Nordkaperen to his five children and ten young navigators and women, all of which have borrowed the ship for a longer period of time and thus can go right on board and sail it.
Source: 'All my mornings on the ground' by Troels Kløvedal, published by Gyldendal 2017.