the Court in Roskilde has Friday sentenced the 40-year-old Norwegian-iranis Mohammed Davoudzadeh Lolei seven years in prison for helping an iranian intelligence service attentatplan against an iranian refugee in Denmark.
President John Larsen says that all members of the court - three judges and six nævninger - agree on the punishment length.
- We have put the emphasis on the relationship the nature and gravity of the infringement, and that the case involves assistance to a foreign intelligence agency, sounds from the presiding judge.
The 40-year-old have during the proceedings, denied the guilty. He has explained that he is spying on a 50-year-old exile-iranis in Ringsted, because the man for years back had had a relationship with Loloeis wife.
But the explanation, the court swept of the table as untrustworthy. The reason is the last word not said in case.
- We would like to appeal to the high court with the claim about the acquittal, says the reaction from defense attorney Michael Juul Eriksen after the judgment.
the Court in Roskilde has based significant portions of its ruling of guilt against the Norwegian-iraneren on an to the public unknown witness, who gave evidence behind closed doors. The doors were closed by the account to the Danish relative to the foreign powers.
OVERVIEW: Man spionerede and would kill the refugee
A 40-year-old Norwegian-iranis have been found guilty of espionage and aiding and abetting attempted murder. The Court in Roskilde, definitely Friday.
He is sentenced to seven years in prison for spying for the iranian intelligence service on Danish soil. Drabsmålet was an iranian refugee in Ringsted.
however, It is not the only case that arises out of the episode. The person, the man spionerede against, should, according to the police had gathered information for Iran's arch enemy Saudi Arabia.
Four other men are charged in the two cases.
Read about the people involved here:
* The 40-year-old man from Norway with iranian background is found to have participated in the planning of a killing of a eksiliraner in Ringsted.
He has also been spying for the iranian intelligence service in Denmark during the preparations for the killing.
Over three days in september 2018 he photographed, and shot video in the area around the eksiliranerens home.
the Plans for the killings prompted the Police Intelligence service (PET) to launch a large-scale police action 28. september 2018, where large parts of the country were closed down.
The Norwegian-iranian man was arrested barely a month later in Sweden, and has been in custody ever since.
* A føringsofficer from an iranian intelligence service is charged with espionage and aiding the planning of the killing of eksiliraneren in Ringsted.
He is believed to have given orders and instructions to the 40-year-old, like he is, according to the police have been spionens contact.
Føringsofficeren was in the beginning of February 2020 in custody without being present. He's staying most likely in Iran.
* Three leading members of the movement ASMLA (Arab Struggle Movement for the Libération of Ahwaz) is charged with espionage in Denmark for the benefit of Saudi Arabia, as well as to have approved a terrorist attack in Iran.
Intelligence of Saudi Arabia took allegedly place from 2012 to 2018.
the Charge for the endorsement of terror goes on, that the three suspects on social media have hailed a terrorist attack perpetrated against a military parade in Iran in 2018.
one of the three persons is eksiliraneren from Ringsted, which is believed to have been chosen as the target of an assassination organized by Iran.
He has a leading role in the ASMLA. The movement is fighting for arab independence in the Ahvaz region in Iran. ASMLA is considered by the iranian regime to be a terrorist organisation.
The three men have been in custody since 4. February 2020.
the Two of them put in addition, in connection with a terrorsag from the Netherlands. Here is a dutchman of iranian background, charged with planning attacks against targets in Iran. He also is a member of the ASMLA.
Source: the Prosecution, DR, Ritzau.Show more Close
Keep yourselves away!
senior prosecutor, Søren Harbo required before sentencing on Friday to eight years in prison for the 40-year-old Norwegian-iranis, who are found guilty of assisting an iranian intelligence to plan an attack on an iranian refugee in Denmark.
- I must ask the court to send a clear signal. Not just to the defendants and to the iranian intelligence service, but also to other secret services, who may have plans to carry out attacks in Denmark, said Harbo in the connection.
- stay away, and resolve your conflicts in a different way than by carrying out attacks on Danish soil, it sounded far from the prosecutor.
The intended victim is a part of the arab separatist group ASMLA, struggling, to the partially arab region Ahvaz must tear itself loose from Iran.
the Victim - a 50-year-old refugee - were spied on and shadowed by the 40-year-old, who passed information to the iranian intelligence service, according to the Court in Roskilde planned to kill the 50-year-old.