yesterday morning went Troels Kløvedal on his last journey at the age of 75 years.
the Navigator was sleeping quietly on his farm on Djursland peninsula, surrounded by his five children, which was the end of a long and adventurous life, which he generously shared out and described in his books, tv shows and lectures.
the well-Known Touching obituary: Goodbye to a sea god
While Gardiner lived a life that many only dare to dream about, he was in his last years burdened by the incurable disease ALS, which slowly paralyzed his body.
the Disease is linked Gardiner to his farm and elkørestol, a ventilator had to breathe for him, and eventually went lammelserne completely out of his fingers, so he had to learn to write with the eyes.
Thus, the demise of Kløvedals friend through the decades, Ib Michael, not his death.
on the Contrary, he is glad that Gardiner came effortlessly from the earth, and that he - at his own request - was freed from his pain.
I am relieved that he is not to be tormented more.
- I'm going to miss many things with Troels. I'm going to miss our lively correspondence, but it is my own bills, says Ib Michael over a phone connection from Thailand.
well-Known Kløvedals secret sister: didn't Know I was in family with him before I was 13
Ib Michael is staying in a bay in the southern part of Thailand, where he and john eliot Gardiner have stayed many times.
Ib Michael already has experience with writing, when he took john eliot Gardiner, and was thus able to give the time the only aspiring writer a few tips on the way. Photo: Jacob Jørgensen
The 73-year-old author says that he emailed back and forth with Troels Kløvedal until a week ago.
this gave john eliot Gardiner expressed his desire to leave the life, which of course made a great impression on the Ib Michael.
Danish well-known - 23. dec. 2018 - at. 18:04 Mikkel Beha tells about the death of his father
- He has been so great tabs, so I almost lack the words for it.
- He has been so grateful about life. There has not been a single bitter tone. It has really, really, really made an impression on me, that you may know that one should die with such a consciousness.
And it was not religious, says Ib Michael.
The two authors became acquainted in the collective Mao's Desire. Ago drove the few authors and rejsemakkere.
Ib Michael clearly remember their first sailing. The trip went over the Atlantic ocean, and during their night shifts on the ship was their friendship, while they watched the stars.
He says that he saw john eliot Gardiner as a man of his word at a time in the 60's and 70's, where there were 'many wild plans in circulation'.
Danish well-known - 23. dec. 2018 - at. 17:55 It is to be done with Nordkaperen
- I think that Troels is a very concrete human being. There hear something to implement jordomrejser.
- It is not enough to dream. It requires concrete actions. He has been proven that the ship is kept, and what you should be able to, if you want to venture out on the oceans of the world.
- It was a completely Maersk undertaking with due diligence and all that, says Michael dorris.