It is not only in skurvognen and the van, to which a craft risk that there will be uninvited guests.
digital malicious hackers to take files, invoices and accounts as hostages and demand the big løsesummer to give them back again and it can become a really expensive task for the company, which is being attacked, tells Jacob Dyke Mills, which is the chief consultant at the Danish Construction association.
Here, he advises, among other craft in the it solutions and digitalisation.
- There are many egregious stories, where it has become very expensive for businesses to get access to the files again. For example, the cost of such an attack a Danish company at least a million dollars to restore several months of bookkeeping that was not backed up, says Jacob Dyke Mills.
small companies should be aware of it security, said James Dyke Mills. Photo: Danish Construction
even Though more and more construction companies are beginning to secure and invest in it solutions, so lagging the industry, however, continued in business in general, shows the Danish construction association annual it-analysis.
- As the industry is the builders just as vulnerable as others, but one can say that the craftsmanship might take up more space in the mind than the risk of cybercrime, but it is something to think about and protect themselves against, regardless of the size of the company, says consultant James Dyke Mills. Therefore, he has this advice for the tradesman:.
As previously mentioned, it can be a very expensive pleasure, if you, as a business becomes the victim of a cyber-attack. Figures from the consultancy PwC showed that more than every other Danish company in the 2019, was the victim of the attack.
- If you are on the cutting edge and reduces the consequences of a possible attack, for example, by making backup, it may be that you can merely buy a new computer, if you are being attacked. It comes, of course, entirely depends on the size of the company, but the more you have copies of, the more you can easily replicate, says James Dyke Mills.
whether you are in doubt about which it solution that can protect the company, or to have been under attack, so it is always a good idea to seek professional help and guidance.
- If you are a member of the Danish Construction association, you can contact with us and be put in touch with the professional it experts who can help. It is always a good idea to get experts to assess the level of security, so as to close the holes.
the Hackers will only become more and more inventive, he says.
See also: Make smitteapp for construction sites
- It security is like insurance: It may well be that it costs more than not to do anything, but if at first an accident, then you become really fond of it. Therefore, should you as the business owner would rather go today than tomorrow. Data is the digital age currency, and therefore, you will also want to take good care of them, says James Dyke Mills.
Regardless of whether there is talk about a larger firm or a sole proprietorship, you must, for its own sake make it as difficult for hackers as possible to break into the computer. Therefore, they should as a minimum have a backup, but it is also a good idea to get the installed firewall and antivirus software.
- Man goes not from his home without locking the door, and it affects companies and traders much harder than private, if they are being hacked. Therefore one must invest in the protection, and even though it costs, so it is now even more expensive to clean up after an attack than to protect themselves from the start, says James Dyke Mills.
just ten years ago it was limited, what there was of it-solutions and software on the market, but today there is a forest of options, and it can be difficult for the individual craft business to find out on your own, which is best suited to their needs, says Jacob Dyke Mills.
Therefore, he also recommends that you seek advice and guidance from professional it consultants, so you do not risk to buy an expensive solution which does not live up to one's real needs.
It is a really good advice to make it a good habit to make a backup of one's critical data and documents, as hackers could be interested in to unlock and use for digital extortion. The reverse is also the face of losing everything, if you do not have a backup lying around, and an accident.
- Some systems automatically creates a backup, but it should be sure and not just go out from.
But with a backup you will come really far, and a skilled business owner makes sure that backing up regularly, says chefkonsulenten.