Denmark and Austria are now together to support Tunisia with 26 million crowns to help the north african country to manage and control the country's borders.
It informs the Aliens affairs and Integration.
the Money goes to build a training centre for border management in the south central part of the country. At the same time, the economic boost to support a related educational program.
the Goal is to combat the traffickers and curb the so-called irregular migrants. These are persons who travel to a country without a residence permit.
Foreigners, integration, Mattias Tesfaye (S) say to you now is to do what you promised before the election.
- We want to prevent people jump in gummibådene of the Mediterranean sea. Tunisia is one of the transit countries and of the countries, as the smugglers are working in.
- We will want to back Tunisia to guard their own border, because it is also in our own interest to stop migrants before they reach Europe, says Mattias Tesfaye.
Tunisia is experiencing a huge migration pressure on the southern border.
Support from Denmark stretches over three years. This is the first time ever, Denmark and Tunisia to cooperate on migration.
On the question of how far the money rows, corresponding Tesfaye, to 'get a piece'.
- It is clear, it is not how we pay the whole of Tunisia grænsebevogtning, but Denmark and Austria come together to support the up, says Tesfaye.
in addition to the aid to Tunisia, sending Denmark and Austria, a total of 32.3 million dollars to Rwanda in east Africa.
21,6 million dollars goes to the so-called nødevakueringsmekanisme in the country in a one year period.
Rwanda is part of an agreement, which means that you take 1500 refugees and asylum seekers from Libya. Many thousands of refugees are currently in camps in Libya.
The last 10.7 million dollars is support for the creation of jobs for refugees and local communities in Rwanda.
- I can certainly understand that many young africans going to Europe, but we just can't have free immigration.
- this is Why our first project in Rwanda, that some of those who are stuck in Libya and try to get in a dinghy, must have an opportunity to have a future in Africa. It is a responsibility, Rwanda has taken on itself, and we would very much like to back up, says Tesfaye.
According to the Aliens affairs and Integration stated the Rwandan president in 2017 ready to welcome over 30,000 refugees from Libya.
Since rejected the country's then-flygtningeminister, Germaine Kamayirese, to Rwanda were paid for to have said yes to take in many refugees.
- It is just a humanitarian act, she said according to the BBC in 2019.
about 150,000 refugees staying according to the ministry, currently in Rwanda.
the UN high commissioner For refugees (UNHCR) is the implementing party in the collaboration.