- tomorrow, Thursday, start my mother in chemotherapy.
- Her breast cancer has spread to the whole body, and it looks miserable out. Kemoen is the only life-prolonging, and she will lose her hair in record time.
- She has had the opportunity to borrow a kølehætte, which should help her to keep the hair. But, Odense university Hospital will be a matter of PRINCIPLE, does not allow her to use it.
- In spite of that we take to the cap, mount it and are present during the entire treatment, it has been rejected by the OUH.
To see a kølehætte with the equipment out - photo from Hillerød Hospital, which, according to the family it is the only one in Denmark, where kølehætten offered. the
Has always made a virtue out of making something out himself
How to initiate Malene B is a letter to the nation on the dobbelttriste situation her mother has ended up in. For not only did mother Marianne is fighting for his life, so has the hospital case, the no to she must bring a borrowed kølehætte who can save her hair-magnificence. the nation! have given odense University Hospital the opportunity to comment on the letter and answer the question of why they say no to bringing kølehætter on chemo-the department - the answer you can read below. Malene's letter, as you the family hope you will share so as many people as possible can read the case, continues thus:
- My mother is a fantastic, vital and beautiful woman. She has always put a pride in making something out of themselves.
- I admire how she daily priority to spend energy on its appearance - for it is very much a priority, when one is as ill as she is.
- So I do not understand, why the hospital will not allow her to use it.
- When you are fighting the fight against a vicious disease, then is it SO important that she not only sees a sick person in the mirror or in his grandchildren's eyes.
- Why is it that, in an already difficult situation should be the victim of such a power struggle? Why is it that you, as a patient must struggle to maintain her hair, when it is my mother's last wish to take from here with a gray page???
- the Match is fortunately NOT over yet! My mother starts chemo tomorrow, Thursday.11/4 at.9.30, so we have the whole night to get the hospital to reconsider the decision, writes the daughter, who sent the pictures of the mother and of the above-mentioned kølehætte with.
Senior chief physician Peter Sørensen, the Oncology Department R. Odense University Hospital, writes today to the nation!, that the hospital will generally stretch much to accommodate patients ' wishes, and that it can be a difficult balance, but to continuously try to do their best. But kølehætter there is no room for:
- At university hospital, we offer just as most other public hospitals in Denmark do not treatment with kølehætter to counteract hair loss by treated with chemo.
the Challenge with kølehætterne is bl.a., that they require both extra space and time in the outpatient clinic.
- Typically requires a treatment with kølehætte, to stay at the outpatient clinic shall be extended by 1-2 hours. It is both space and time, which must be taken from other patients.
- It should also be mentioned, that there actually are alternatives to the hårtabende treatment.
- therefore, It is also something we usually discuss with the patient, if it is important for the individual's quality of life, write the superintendent, but what are you thinking?