- I have gone 100 percent down in revenue since coronakrisen hit Denmark. Neither my wife or I have earned a penny in many weeks, so we are on the arse!
The brutally honest words coming from Jason Watt, who in the same breath stresses that he is definitely not pipes.
People should not be hurt by us. There are many who have it much worse than us. It is just a determination that it is how it is, he says.
The 50-year-old former race car driver lives is usually to give lectures and to write about Formula 1 in the Extra Leaf. Both things are put completely on hold during the decommissioning of Denmark and large parts of the world. His wife, Majbrit Heidi Watt, working as a temp at a home for the mentally disabled, but also here has coronaen put an end to her daily life.
See also: Jason Watt: I don't understand Haas
- So we are two at home, which earns zero dollars, " says Jason Watt, and tells, to the economically critical situation has caused them to sell off their personal belongings.
To Here & Now tells Jason Watt, that he among other things has had to sell several of its beloved cars. It confirms to Ekstra Bladet.
I have, among other things, sold my old Bubble and a Mercedes, so you could say that I've sold out of some of my treasures, " says Jason Watt.
Especially the grey Volkswagen was hurting Watts to part with.
Jason Watts loved Vw is now running around in Aarhus. Private
- I put it in stand in 1998 and 1999, before I drove wrong. But I got over 100,000 dollars for the now here, so I am a little proud of.
Mercedesen also have a very special place in his heart.
- We tuned it, and in 2002, I set the world record in the. I drove 338 km / hour in it, so it was the fastest estate car in the world. Luckily I have sold it to an acquaintance, said Jason Watts.
The rapid Mercedes has Jason Watt used among other things to run money for the children's cancer foundation. Private
in addition to the two cars have Jason and Majbrit Watts also sold everything from blenders to speakers and Playstation games.
- We was caught a little of it. And then we have got cleared up. The money from the things have gone to rent and put in the Supermarket. When we have the kids every other week, we are seven people at home, so something goes to, he says.
Jason and Majbrit Watts. Photo: Mogens Flindt
Jason Watts emphasises, however, that he and his family were not gone from the house and home, if not they had sold out of their stuff.
- of Course we saved a little together, but we figured that the money was our retirement savings and not having to go to a coronakrise. Such as I also on the cars. They were also a kind of pensionopsparing. The kind of cars lose the value, as other cars do.
Danish well-known - 23. sep. 2019 - at. 21:30 Karsten Ree has sold out
in addition to the two cars, Jason Watt has already sold, he tries right now to come of with a more.
- This is my Ford Mustang from 1972, to be sold. I will have 260.000 dollars for it, it is really a gem. It will be with a tear in the corner of his eye, that I must say goodbye to it, he admits.
Even if the recent weeks and months have been economically challenging for Jason Watt and his family, so that lightens it gradually.
- There is starting to tick lecture in the calendar again. But I may as well be concerned about whether companies dare to huddle together to listen in on me in the near future.
5. June throws Jason Watt himself out in a new discipline. He needs to hold an online lecture.
- It will be interesting to try. I love the human contact, but I wonder if the second is also enough to be fun.
See also: Mads 'show-off' on your ass: Do sell out