I am in Småland with my family.
- My husband is a swede, and comes here from the area.
- We visit the mother-in-law, who is a widow, and we live on the family farm, while we are here.
Such is the explanation from the Norwegian politician Ingelin Noresjø, vice-president of the ruling party, Christian people's Party and the politically appointed statsseketær in the department of transportation, who yesterday was asked by NRK, Norway's answer to Denmark's Radio, why she was raised on a vacation in Sweden.
The Norwegian government advises against all non-strictly necessary, travel to the hard-hit neighbouring country - and the Norwegian prime minister has today stated that she is going out to all members of the council. And with a direct message to Ingelin Noresjø added:
- if you are Travelling anyway, must be quarantined for 10 days, when you come home.
many Facebook users are outraged that such a profiled politician defies the councils, and the newspaper Arctic editor-in-chief calls on her to come home:
the Danish rejseråd is not as tough as the Norwegian - yesterday, the Ministry of foreign affairs this travel advice:
We advise against all non-necessary travel to Sweden, because Sweden does not meet the criteria for low smittetal in the new model for advice to travelers within the european UNION and the Schengen area.
- the Regions of Blekinge, Kronoberg and Västerbotten are excluded, because the regions meet the criteria.
- If you take stays in your own ødegård or similar, you can travel to areas in Sweden, which we advise against all non-necessary travel, says the ministry., but what are you thinking?