the Danes - led by Henrik Mølgaard and Jannick Green was a fixture in the good two weeks in a row at Café Aroma in Fonnesbechsgade in Herning, denmark, just a stone's throw from the håndboldheltenes base at the Hotel Scandic.
- It will be a day of sorrow, when we no longer have to there in the morning, shouted Henrik Mølgaard from the balcony at the Herning Congress centre on Sunday evening with regard to the almost daily visit to the rustically decorated café near the centre of Herning.
Until last Sunday, it was a cosy place, which is a mix of store, bakery and café, in a form of a state of emergency, because the popular håndbolddrenge at the same time made it even more attractive for other customers to leave the way past the Aromas of goodies.
- Yes, it feels a little quiet now, acknowledges Marie La Coste, who has been employed in the café in the past year and a half. As one of the eight employees she has in recent weeks been in to service the well-trained håndboldspillere, which for the most part in round numbers, measuring two metres and weighs around 100 kilos or even more.
Kiloene is, however, well distributed and consists mostly of the muscle mass, which can also take part of the credit for Denmark's WORLD cup-gold in the Box last Sunday toward our Norwegian neighbours in the north.
Speaking of neighbors, so were the danes not the only WORLD cup players, who laid the road, past the Aroma.
- the Norwegians and the swedes came here also, and they welcomed always cordially on the danes. It was not exactly the case that they sat together at the tables all three nationalities, but they welcomed always with pleasure at each other, tells Marie La Coste.
There are also come additions to the menu after the danes ' WORLD cup victory on Sunday here in the form of a chocolate cake. Photo Claus Bonnerup
Although there are also delicious wines on the shelves, so kept all of the players themselves to coffee, cake and kanelsnegle. Marie La Coste specifically mention the kanelsnegle, because the swedes bought these particular treats on a large scale.
- the Danes and norwegians held out the most for coffee, and it was mostly americano (black coffee), adds the håndboldinteresserede clerk and mother of two small children.
the Combination of small children, bedtime and kampstarter, which most often was at 20.30-the time, meant that Marie La Coste missed a single half in the course of a total of 10 matches with Danish participation.
- I am in general interested in handball and saw them not only because more of them were here almost every day during the WORLD cup, underlines the young woman, who, despite belonging to Denmark temporary håndboldhovedstad confined itself to see all the matches on tv.
the Proprietor of Café Aroma, Marie Juul Sørensen, was not present when the Extra Leaf is visited the café on Tuesday morning, but later in the day was she via a phone conversation over håndboldheltenes kicks to the January sales.
- Usually, it is quiet in January, but it has not been in years. We take it as a cadeau to the visited Cafe Aroma, and, in particular, that they were to come day after day, says Marie Juul Sørensen.