Merlin Entertainments will open a major Legoland theme park in south Korea. It will be ready in 2022 and employ 1600 people.
This was stated by Merlin Entertainments in a stock exchange announcement.
- It has been a long time coming, but I am glad that we are now in a position where we can go forward with plans to open Legoland Korea Resort.
- We know that the Korean love of theme parks and Lego, and together with the authorities of Gangwon, we have already established an attractive and accessible location to the park, writes executive director of Merlin Entertainments Nick Vaney in the message.
The new amusement park to be placed on the island Hajungdo about an hour's drive east of the capital, Seoul. The park will also get a Legoland Hotel and the cost $ 1.2 billion to develop the Merlin.
The Korean authorities have agreed to also invest in the project and will among other things construct a new bridge to the island.
Holiday - 7. jan. 2019 - at. 07:17 Popular attraction in Tivoli is closed and replaced by the new
in addition to Legoland driver Merlin 11 different brands. It is, among other things, Sea Life, Alton Towers and Madame Tussauds.
The Danish legetøjsgigant Lego sold Legoland amusement park, which then consisted of four parks to Merlin Entertainments in 2005. But Lego did not entirely let go on the rides.
Kirk-family, which owns Lego, bought by the same occasion, 30 percent of the company, which today operates temaparkerne with the world-renowned toys.
In all owner Merlin Entertainment 124 attractions in 25 countries.
It is planned that several Legoland theme parks to come to.
- It will be merlin's tenth theme park, after Legoland New York is expected to open in 2020.
- Merlin is also in advanced conversations with third parties about a number of places to the Legoland theme parks in China and see the opportunity for 20 Legoland parks around the world, writes Merlin.
this is the Lego together with Merlin Entertainments
The Danish legetøjsgigant Lego sold back in 2005 Legoland to Merlin Entertainments.
Merlin Entertainments is one of the world's largest owners and operators of amusement parks.
Here you can read how the two sides belong together:
* Lego sold Legoland amusement park, which then consisted of four parks to Merlin Entertainments in 2005 to 2.8 billion crowns.
* the Sale was to give the Legoland theme parks owners with expertise in the field of amusement parks and to allow Lego to focus on the core business.
* the Family Kirk Kristiansen, who is behind the Lego, still have a share in the parks.
* the Family owns, through the investment company Kirkbi 29,8 percent of Merlin Entertainments, which operates the temaparkerne with the world-renowned toys.
* Merlin Entertainments operates the 124 attractions, which are distributed in 25 countries and 4 continents.
* There are today eight Legoland theme parks the world over, the original in Billund, denmark, one in Britain, one in Germany, two in the UNITED states, one in Malaysia, one in Dubai and the latest in Japan, which opened in april in 2017.
* A park in south Korea is on the way and will open probably in 2022. A park in New York is scheduled to open in 2020.
* Merlin examines in addition the possibility to open new parks in China.
* in addition to the Legoland theme park the company operates nine different brands - among other things, Sea Life, Alton Towers and Madame Tussauds.
* Also the newer indoor legecentre with the Lego theme, Legoland Discovery Centre, owned by Merlin Entertainments.