Is a politician to his party?
It sounds like a philosophical question, there is a Hamlet dignified, but alas, it is just the question that has now been answered by Indsamlingsnævnet.
so Far, politicians have had to report to the Indsamlingsnævnet, if the total check for their personal election campaign. But after several politicians stubbornly claimed that a fundraiser for their campaigns was the same as a fundraiser for their party, are the rules now made.
It was the case when Ekstra Bladet contacted Laura Lindahl in connection with her tiggerskilt and facebookindsamling.
- It is no secret that there has been a lot of discussion on the topic. We discussed it, for In the (ed. Extra Magazine) and TV 2 pointed out that politicians do not understand what's going on. That we must grasp in own bosom, and say, that it gives rise to doubt. We have therefore found it appropriate to make a clarification, says the president of the Indsamlingsnævnet Christian Lundblad.
If a collection has been reported, the owner has the duty to provide Indsamlingsnævnet accounts, after the goal is reached. The accounts will subsequently be posted on the web, so donors can check whether the money has been spent on the promised.
Therefore, a number of politicians who have paid to have created their collection with Indsamlingsnævnet, but it must be over now.
- Before we were aware of the problem, we said that the individual was the individual, and that the other party was. But after the attention we have found out that the politicians may not know the difference. Therefore, the politicians who have reported to the Indsamlingsnævnet, also their money back.
- Where will you go now, if you as the donor will want to know whether the money is used for it, they are promised?
- There is the special law on the financing of parties, so it is there you should look.
- But is it not becoming more difficult for the citizen to check whether the money has been used, as they are promised?
- It depends on how much each party makes out of it. If a candidate gathers in to a specific campaign, is it good style to show that the candidate has received the money for the stated purpose.
- But it comes with the new clarification to be up to the political parties, how much information they will provide?
- Yes, we put it in each case to the parties, says Christian Lundblad.
You can read the full clarification here.