In the basement under the house on Vestergade in Rødby, he has through the seven-year total to 29 kobraslanger and a crocodile. Purchased or swapped to fairs in Germany or the Netherlands.
on Tuesday came the police over.
So was drengedrømmen crushed.
- How is the law after all, says Lars Nielsen.
Lars Nielsen has spent a couple of hours each day on his hobby. It was in the rear room of the basement. With the door closed behind him. The agreement with the wife was that she knocked at the door, if she needed him.
one at A time is the hoses have been taken out with a long stick with a hook. Then they are placed in a closed plastikkasse, while Lars Nielsen has been able to fix the terrarium.
Lars Nielsen had become so adept at handling its kobraslanger, that he, by the hand has been able to touch them behind their 'hood'. It is the cap that comes into view when the snake rises up and makes himself great and mighty.
He says that kobraen can only swipe forward, and that you can take advantage of the time - as kobraen is about to reverse itself - to achieve a more advantageous position in relation to the.
It is clear to see on Lars Nielsen, that he enjoys to tell. Lars Nielsen's experience with kobraslanger is not something he just has been able to share with you. The community, as he had with other like-minded, are held in the shady.
- We met once in a while and have gotten some good food. So we have been able to talk. We've all had something on each other, after all, " explains Lars Nielsen.
Police have charged Lars Nielsen of violating the dyreværnsloven. He estimated that he stands to a fine of about 50,000 dollars. At the same time, he has been seized snakes 60,000 crowns, estimates he.
the Vet killed several snakes on the ground and also the one meter long crocodile. There was no room for them in zoos around Denmark.
But his chinese kongekobraer end up probably in the Randers Rainforest.
--------- SPLIT ELEMENT ---------Ida Zimmermann, Nakskov, was on Wednesday on a visit with Lars Nielsen. She has even approximately 100 hoses and got the Friday also a visit from the police, who have charged her common-law husband. Photo: Per Rasmussen
Denmark has been for pylret
Lars Nielsen are bitten by snakes. Especially the toxic. They are illegal to keep in Denmark, unless one has a permit.
- And that there is no private individuals can get, says Lars Nielsen.
He is frustrated.
- It is too bad that Denmark has become a forbudsland. I'm not an idiot. I just have a passion. Denmark has been for pylret, he explains.
on Tuesday, four men on Zealand and Lolland charged with keeping illegal snakes. Lars Nielsen is one of them.
Three police beat in a coordinated action against the four. Police had in January got the tip that they held illegal snakes.
Lars Nielsen says to Ekstra Bladet, that not even his neighbors knew what he was hiding in the basement.
What if a snake was set loose. You hear about?
- It would only be able to get out of the room, which is quite close. I have decorated my basement after the requirements and handling my snakes in the same way as you do in the zoo, says Lars Nielsen.
Why can't you just get a permit so you can legally keep snakes?
- It can not get. You ask around in the industry, will all say the same thing. If I had applied for a permission, I would at the same time expose myself to the risk of being discovered.
--------- SPLIT ELEMENT ---------
in addition to hoses keeps Lars Nielsen also cockroaches, spiders and a toad. Photo: Per RasmussenReady to say goodbye
Lars Nielsen is the only once been bitten by one of his snakes. It was, according to Lars Nielsen, a so-called tørhug. Lars Nielsen tells how kobraen struck in his thumbnail one. But there were not married.
I laughed at that, he says, and turns over in a more serious tone.
- I have prepared myself on what I should do, if one day I was bitten. So I had quietly put the snake in again, closed the door and gone on top of and dialed 112, says Lars Nielsen.
- So, I had quietly said good-bye.
Lars Nielsen know in Denmark there is not found the antidote for his poisonous snakes. Nearest giftdepot is in Stockholm.
And there is not always time to wait for it to come forward.