2018 was a very special landsholdsår. Åge Hareides crew lost not a single one of the 13 matches. But it was also unusual in the way that not one player received the debut in landsholdsregi.
Christian Nørgaard could have scored against Slovakia in september, but since the bread conflict, and the debut was never.
But here in 2019, several stand in front of landsholdsdebuten. Åge Hareide rates in each case on the youth and pick three talents to his squad, which will meet Kosovo (test) and Switzerland (european championship qualifiers) later in the month.
Philip Billing, Joachim Andersen and Robert Forest is now taking the jump from the U21-squad for the right team.
- Robert Woods has been absolutely outstanding in the premier League. He has core competencies with its sparketeknik, as we certainly can use, says Åge Hareide and elaborates about the other two new faces in the squad:
Åge Hareide has been impressed by Joachim Andersen's development in Sampdoria. Photo: Tariq Mikkel Khan.
- I saw Joachim Andersen for Sampdoria against Inter, where he did excellent. He has learned the Italian defending on the hard way, where it's all about not making mistakes. He has developed a lot and become much more proficient with the ball.
- We also sampled the Philip Billing. He is a little a little a different type than the ones we have in the midfield. He is a big duelspiller, which has delivered fine performance in the Premier League. It has certainly given him good experience, stresses Åge Hareide.
Niels Frederiksen, U21-national coach, welcomes the fact that the players get the chance at the highest level. But he acknowledges that it is, of course, is a line in the bill in relation to his preparations for the summer european championship finals in Italy and San Marino.
- It is my expectation that the three players (Joachim Andersen, Philip Billing and Robert Woods) to play the three matches in the U21 team for the european championships.
- We must be as strong as possible team and that is why I hope they come with for the finals. It will be difficult to do without our best defender, our best midfielder and unique in scandinavia because the top scorer, says Niels Frederiksen, who now get the opportunity to see a bit more players the lead in the upcoming test matches against Belgium and France.
Åge Hareide would Monday do not guarantee that the three talents come to play in the U21-EM. But he opened, however, for the possibility.
- We are the strongest team, but the finals is a good experience for the young players. It may well be we take into account when we come forward to the June, explains Åge Hareide.
Both Andreas Christensen and Kasper Dolberg also have the opportunity to play in the U21 european championship, but it is not yet decided whether they are up for Denmark. None of them, however, has for several years appeared on the U21-national team.
the FACTS: Fodboldlandsholdet to Kosovo and Switzerland
Landsholdsfodbold - 11. mar. 2019 - at. 14:24 - I am concerned about Pione Sisto
Landsholdsfodbold - 11. mar. 2019 - at. 13:22 More surprises in Denmark's EURO squad