.- D. 19 dec. 2018 will be transferred 25,000 to my easy account, money which I inherit from my girlfriend's stepfather.
- on the Same day and on the same account is being transferred dkk 70,000, of which my gf Kenned must inherit.
- the Reason that it happens on my account is that it is me who is technically, as regards the bank and transfers, and to me that stands for it. And that we have been waiting a long time on the money and just want to make it as easy as possible.
- It has now, unfortunately, hit Kenned.
so begins Melanie A letter to the nation! about the unfair treatment she and her husband Kenned feel that Danske Bank has exposed them to. For the pair - who have three children and a somewhat strained economy - had figured with a total of 95.000 kr, they inherited could be used to to pay the bills. but as you can read, so thought the bank, that they should cover cover Melainies debt. The couple's letter - as Danske Bank's press office commenting below - continues namely as follows:
- the Money - the 95.000 kr - when only to stand on my account for d. 20 december in the morning.
I can in my phone to see that the Danish Bank has been calling to me d. 20. in the morning, but since I'm sitting in a meeting, I am not able to talk with them.
- After finishing the meeting I look at my account and discover that they have made a clearing in an old debt I have with them. They have simply pulled dkk 50,000.
- I'm calling, of course, immediately to the Danske Bank's collection department, which explains that this has their full right to.
- I tell then that the 70,000 are not mine, but Kenneds, and I will send pictures from both my mail and Kenneds email, where you can see how the inheritance is distributed. And also to Kenned has give written consent to his money should be deposited in my account.
- Later in the day – in the Danish Bank in Greve – we try again to explain our situation, and we get to know that the Danish Bank has a lawyer to look into the matter and that it will be set as a rush case.
And yes, there is also only a half hour after we ran from the bank, then I received a call from the collection agency that Kenned can not get his money.
The lady who the caller is prompted by the condescending and asks if I'm a big enough girl to be able to understand such a message .
She also says that I should start an instalments scheme, and as I start to cry and forklarem that the money thus to be used for daycare and bills, etc, slamming the she hang up.
- so, I have here between christmas and new year opted to record a new loans - without the bank - to pay everyday bills and to be able to give Kenned some of his money, but now have a Danish Bank also taken them.
- They have made a clearing 9.991. and it was this money which was to pay the bills and institutions.
- We are a family with 3 children only for the day of the way, and none of them from the bank has at any time told that I still had debt.
- Using, joins Melanie, but in the answers the nation! have got from Danske Bank's press office is not immediately much help to download:
- We can not comment on the specific case, as we are not allowed to disclose anything about specific customers.
- But generally in arvesituationer pay extra attention, if you yourself, or the one you live with, is in debt to the bank.
- Here we can make the set-off in positive balance.
- This applies, for example, in the case where one chooses to insert an inheritance in an account that belongs to a person who is in debt to the bank.
- But we are trying as far as possible, to avoid such situations, fol.a. by having a dialogue with our customers about how they can best settle the debt, they may have to the bank, inform Danske Bank's press office, but what do you think?